Doesn´t she look gorgeous?

opendoor

Doesn´t she look gorgeous? And she´s such a good teacher, if you should have the chance to work together, take it.

youtube.com/watch?v=6MeCSHAxM8A

Zoopsia59

Yeah, but would you think she was "gorgeous" if she had the same level of skill but weighed 50 lbs more and wore a knee length skirt?

jantango

Doesn´t she look gorgeous? And she´s such a good teacher, if you should have the chance to work together, take it.

You make the point why so many young and attractive Argentines have careers in teaching tango. They don't have to know much, only look the part.

I can't think of one thing that Londoners can learn from this couple who market their style as "nuevo milonguero." Nothing they do is appropriate for a milonga. They worked out a choreography to impress the audience. Many are fooled into believing they will end up dancing like them.

She is the first one I've seen in exhibition wearing shorts. I suppose she didn't want a skirt getting in the way of the high kicks and showing off her legs.

opendoor

..attractive Argentines have careers in teaching tango...

I find it justified to be successful and have a career (if it was a career at all, to waltz on the road for several years). Everyone has to get along, one with performing magic, others with stage stuff. And by the way have you realized that the argentine tango high-society initiated this development? Have you realized that f.i. VU now is kind of an industry?

By the way, I dont want to learn anything for a milonga. Several years I went to milongas and danced tango socially before I ever saw a studio and a class from the inside. Now that I learn dancing (dancing in a wider sense) I am interested in tango as an artform, could also have been ballet or contact impro, but it turned out to be tango by chance. Actually it is not your kind of tango, but I do respect your tango and the way you dance it, and when it happens to meet you in BsAs or elsewhere I would be glad only to dance socially with you, and to submerge into the music and the people around.

UKDancer

If my daughter had ever gone out dressed like that, her mother would have had something to say, the jist of which would have been to suggest another profession. And it was just silly: I didn't watch 'til the end.

JohnEm

I find it justified to be successful and have a career (if it was a career at all, to waltz on the road for several years). Everyone has to get along, one with performing magic, others with stage stuff. And by the way have you realized that the argentine tango high-society initiated this development? Have you realized that f.i. VU now is kind of an industry?
May be so but over-commercial interests are damaging to social tango.
Realizing that people are making money out of tango to watch rather
than do doesn't necessarily make it universally acceptable.

And you posted this without qualification:

Doesn´t she look gorgeous? And she´s such a good teacher,
if you should have the chance to work together, take it.
Not only do I not think she looks that gorgeous - and a little silly really -
what they do has no place on a social tango floor. But having "teachers"
like them and such demonstrations is why London tango can be so dire.

By the way, I dont want to learn anything for a milonga. Several years I went to milongas and danced tango socially before I ever saw a studio and a class from the inside. Now that I learn dancing (dancing in a wider sense) I am interested in tango as an artform, could also have been ballet or contact impro, but it turned out to be tango by chance. Actually it is not your kind of tango, but I do respect your tango and the way you dance it, and when it happens to meet you in BsAs or elsewhere I would be glad only to dance socially with you, and to submerge into the music and the people around.
Ah, so you are actually interested in tango from an academic viewpoint.
So what makes you think everyone should learn from such people?
I for one certainly would learn nothing from them and already avoid
places where people who learn such antics try to emulate (usually
unsuccessfully) some of them.

opendoor

May be so but over-commercial interests are damaging to social tango
May be it keeps social tango alive (as a little side effect)

And you posted this without qualification
you find I got a bad taste ??

what they do has no place on a social tango floor
concerning this, I am with you!

so you are actually interested in tango from an academic viewpoint.
yes!

So what makes you think everyone should learn from such people?
Ok, I actually did not use the word everyone, but I will change my proposal this way: If you are interested in dancing fundamentals or ballet, have a private with Gisela. Note, I avoided tango, all right now, my friend?

Zoopsia59

I think its a very good illustration as to the deleterious effects of heels on a woman's posture..hyper curved lumbar region...
It isn't the heels that do that.. you can wear heels and still lift up in your core. It's from trying to press the chest straight forward while keeping the legs totally perpendicular to the floor. It gives two vertical lines (one forward of the other) connected by an almost horizontal line.

Despite the fact that our abdominal muscles are much larger than the muscles in the lumbar region, people do tend to let the belly go and force the back to do the work, tipping the pelvis forward. I have to fight the tendency myself, so I can't be too critical; I just hate seeing it demonstrated as a desirable posture. The average social tanguera will end up with quite a backache by the end of the night if she dances this way. (especially noticable around the :45 mark)

Peaches

With the caveat that I haven't actually watched the video...

Some of us look like we're arching our backs/letting our core go/using bad technique & posture...when, in fact, it really is just our butt combined with natural back arch (no pelvic tipping goin on). As someone who was dinged for that, repeatedly, even when everything was OK, I'm well aware of this possibility. Every time, my teacher would tell me not to let my core go and stick out my butt...and every time I'd tell him I wasn't, and ask him if it actually felt like my core wasn't toned, or if it was just how things looked. Every time he'd say it was the latter, and after checking and futzing with the angle of my pelvis...every time he'd have to concede that it was just a question of how I was built.

Just sayin' is all...

Dance Ads