Dress Colour Combinations

SwingingAlong

So, I have these stashes of materials, and I keep moving them about, trying to work out what combinations work the best for my next standard dress project.

Got any thoughts on how you would combine the colours? What are your fav colour combinations?

S2250002.JPG S2250003.JPG S2250004.JPG S2250005.JPG S2250006.JPG S2250007.JPG S2250008.JPG S2250010.JPG S2250011.JPG S2250012.JPG

What would you add?

Dr Dance

This depends upon the complexion of each individual. But based upon your pic, I'd recommend the polka dot pattern, #2. This would combine well with any of the other violet/ lavender patterns, perhaps #1.

SwingingAlong

This depends upon the complexion of each individual.
Yes, absolutely. I used a colour wheel generated for my type and try to choose colours based on that, but with an eye to what would look good on the floor. Doesn't always work, sometimes what I end up with looks great but not on me, as I have to order the materials online and they aren't always what I think!

MaggieMoves

Jade Green & Blush Pink I think would be the most complementary two.

If you're going for a triad look... Jade Green, Purple Lycra, and Mushroom Lycra... but that might be a bit daring. 3 color dress combos can look a bit too "busy" if not done right.

SwingingAlong

Jade Green & Blush Pink I think would be the most complementary two.

If you're going for a triad look... Jade Green, Purple Lycra, and Mushroom Lycra... but that might be a bit daring. 3 color dress combos can look a bit too "busy" if not done right.
I quite like the purple spots with purple lycra, but as the background is a greenish white, it looks neat over the jade organza..

SwingingAlong

Thanks everyone! I have sorted them into bag lots to help me as I do each project. The first one has ended up being Jade lycra, the Paua shell chiffon and the underskirt as Jade organza.

I'll put pics in the sewing thread once it's done.

Dance Ads