DWTS II - Week 5

Medira

Probably.

I think he's going to have some major issues with viennese, if he makes it that far. (When will they be doing VW anyway? Anybody know? What are this week's dances? ...Samba is one, probably. What am I missing?)

Purr

Medira said:
Probably.

I think he's going to have some major issues with viennese, if he makes it that far. (When will they be doing VW anyway? Anybody know? What are this week's dances? ...Samba is one, probably. What am I missing?)
I thought they announced samba and salsa, but I'm not sure about that because salsa isn't technically one of the International Latin dances. I could have been hearing things. It wouldn't be the first time.

Medira

Purr said:
I thought they announced samba and salsa, but I'm not sure about that because salsa isn't technically one of the International Latin dances. I could have been hearing things. It wouldn't be the first time.
Hm... I wonder who would be dancing what, and I wonder how Len would handle having to judge a non-syllabus (International or American) dance. :tongue: ...it also makes me wonder if they'll get into the American style dances like bolero and mambo.

*curious*

Ralph

Jerry Rice and George Hamilton will have to leave before any of the others. But I have a feeling that Jerry Rice also will stay in the competition for too long.

i could see why salsa would be a good choice, viewership wise, but as a salsera and a ballroom dancer, the idea makes me cringe.

bolero, however... that would be great.

I'll agree with alemana on this one--I'd kill to see some really excellent bolero. And since there's more celebrities this season, we're going to have to see some more dances than we did last season!

alemana said:
i could see why salsa would be a good choice, viewership wise, but as a salsera and a ballroom dancer, the idea makes me cringe.
Oh it probably wouldn't be so bad. Alec Mazo did pretty well with it last time around. The potential music selection is what worries me.

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
All of the teams will be dancing samba this week, with salsa being done as a "group" dance (like VW was in season 1). Personally I'm scared to see what some of these "salsa" dances will look like... :?

Purr

SDsalsaguy said:
All of the teams will be dancing samba this week, with salsa being done as a "group" dance (like VW was in season 1). Personally I'm scared to see what some of these "salsa" dances will look like... :?
I suspect it will look a lot like American rhythm mambo. We've got a rhythm champion as one of the pro's.

pygmalion

SDsalsaguy said:
Yeah. I have a feeling it might get ugly. :?

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
Purr said:
How? Ugly as in couples running into each other and ending up on the floor? Or just plain ugly dancing?
Well, not ugly dancing, but ugly "salsa" -- but, with the music that's sure to be used, who knows if it will even sound like salsa either!

Dance Ads