DWTS season 19

The pros for season 19 announced today. Along with old favorites, there are 3 new pros- heard of Artem Chigvinsky, not the other two.

Allison Holker was on SYTYCD, and that weird short series by Nigel Lithgoe that sent two choreographers around the US to find a bunch of dancers to put together a performance in only several weeks (A Chance To Dance?)

I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with this show (yes, late to the bandwagon, I know) but will probably watch anyways. Sharna was a huge favorite of mine so I'm bummed that she will not be there this season. Surprisingly, Maks' departure doesn't bother me all that much, he lost his bad boy appeal when he partnered with Meryl.

No disrespect to Allison, but I thought she was a contemporary/jazz dancer. Does this mean that DWTS is moving away from being a "ballroom" show and closer to the SYTYCD format? It's hard to believe there was a shortage of well-trained ballroom pros that they could have picked from.

I think they have used SYTYCD finalists before as the pros.

I wonder if a lot of the ballroom pros want to be on the show? There are a lot of super talented, retired from competition pros out there. I would imagine it definitely increases one's visibility and net worth to participate. Many seem to use it to start new careers...Julianne Hough acted in several movies and released an album, Mark Ballas is singing, Derek just wrote a book....to name some...

Looking at the new pros competition records on dancesportinfo.com, they just do not measure up to Karina, Maks, Val, the Hough siblings, Louis VA, etc.

Mr 4 styles

surprised that they will try Allison Holker tho if any non ballroom girl can pull it off its her. Oh and im sure she and Derek will dance something amazing
I just watched the AfterBuzz TV review of this week's SYTYCD & they talked about Allison being on DWTS (b/c the same host does the DWTS reviews). She said Allison is from Utah went to Derek's studio so she is def. ballroom trained...not sure to what degree but I'm guessing he put in a good word for her to get on the show! Makes me feel a little better about it then, I was afraid it was going to be another Tyne Stecklein debacle! Allison was SOOOO amazing in this week's SYTYCD, of course it was contemporary, but still... the girl is good!

I'm not really into Artem that much, we'll have to see how it goes. I'm not surprised he's a pro now though since he was already on Strictly for a couple of seasons. I was actually shocked he was in the troupe last season instead of being a pro.

I'm glad Derek, Mark, Karina, Val, Tony, and Cheryl are back. I get a warm-fuzzy feeling when they are on the show (whether I like them or not lol). Sort of like everything pumpkin during fall. Just feels right ;)

I haven't heard any rumors about the celebs for the upcoming season. Anyone else got the low-down? Oddly, it seems most rumors have proven decently accurate with regards to who ends up on the show.

Dance Ads