DWTS Season 20

Purr

Ok, I know this is a strong reaction. But I'm just a little sickened by the absolute, overwhelming predictability of the pairings this year:

Noah Galloway with Sharna Burgess
Robert Herjavec with Kym Johnson
Patti LaBelle with Artem Chigvintsev
Nastia Liukin with Derek Hough
Riker Lynch with Allison Holker
Charlotte McKinney with Keo Motsepe
RedFoo with Emma Slater
Michael Sam with Peta Murgatroyd
Willow Shields with Mark Ballas
Suzanne Somers with Tony Dovolani
Rumer Willis with Valentin Chmerkovskiy

1) Derek is back. And paired with a young, energetic gymnast
2) Tony is paired with the "older woman"
3) Mark is paired with the younger girl
4) Val is paired with someone dark/mildly mysterious/somewhat sexy
5) Emma is paired with the "comedian" of the season

I, for one, will be placing most of my "character" support behind Noah Galloway, the Iraq war veteran.

I just.............sigh...................

https://gma.yahoo.com/dancing-stars...ty-cast-announced-133111388--abc-news-tv.html
Derek paired with Nastia doesn't seem right. Why does Derek get the pick of celebrities? What kind of hold does he have on the producers of the show? He won't go on the show unless it's just about a lock he's going to make it to the finals. He gets a young, attractive, blonde-haired, blue-eyed gymnast, whose got an Olympic gold medal. Let's hand them (him) the mirror ball trophy right now, and run the show for second place.

danceronice

His choreography is better than any other male on the show val second but by a bit
Eh. He uses too many big showpieces, which are only interesting at first. (And his and Mark's rumbas-cum-contemporaries are awful but partially that's the show insisting on bedsheet numbers.) And again, it's the same thing over and over so after a while it ceases to be entertaining and just becomes predictable.

theAnnelis

I thought Derek wasn't supposed to be on this season...not a great decision on his part, seeing how he also has the Radio City Spring Spectacular. I hope I'm extremely wrong, but I think his chances of injury have skyrocketed by him signing on. I was also hoping to see Henry as a teaching pro again.

And to be fair, not every gymnast is a Shawn Johnson. Some are Aly Raisman o_O

bia

And to be fair, not every gymnast is a Shawn Johnson. Some are Aly Raisman o_O
True, but when Shawn and Nastia were on top of the national team together, Shawn was the "power" one and Nastia was the "elegance" one. So, yeah, my expectations are pretty darn high for her.

anntennis

Derek paired with Nastia doesn't seem right. Why does Derek get the pick of celebrities? What kind of hold does he have on the producers of the show? He won't go on the show unless it's just about a lock he's going to make it to the finals. He gets a young, attractive, blonde-haired, blue-eyed gymnast, whose got an Olympic gold medal. Let's hand them (him) the mirror ball trophy right now, and run the show for second place.
Agree 100%. Prediction: Derek and Nastia will win the mirror ball trophy. Second place is a New First to follow.

Dance Ads