DWTS Season 24

IndyLady

Please no, no kids. I didn't watch the kids' episode of SYTYCD, I don't want to see children (on TV anyway) do partner dancing. Especially sexy cha cha's or emotionally wrenching contemporaries, both of which will be train wrecks.

sbrnsmith

Seriously Val- we know Normani has an amazing body, but since when is it ok to put her in a body stocking from Frederick of Hollywood for her Quickstep instead of a long skirt?

Pet peeve- I love all the Pro dancers- they are amazing and they work really hard. I'm not a prude- but I am SO tired of the 2 piece bikini costumes on all the female pro dancers... we know they have amazing bodies. But we don't need to see lingerie outfits on each and every show...

I haven't seen anything on that, but I did just see that they're starting a Dancing with the Stars Junior, where they are featuring young celebrities and children of celebrities paired with junior champions.
Or "They" could just stop manipulating the show. If that happened, I'd go back to watching.

IndyLady

Seriously Val- we know Normani has an amazing body, but since when is it ok to put her in a body stocking from Frederick of Hollywood for her Quickstep instead of a long skirt?

Pet peeve- I love all the Pro dancers- they are amazing and they work really hard. I'm not a prude- but I am SO tired of the 2 piece bikini costumes on all the female pro dancers... we know they have amazing bodies. But we don't need to see lingerie outfits on each and every show...
^^^This x1,000,000. I made a snarky social media post a few years ago about "give the ladies their pants/skirts" back. It's like they saw it and decided to take it to the next level of skimpiness (j/k, my settings are private, I know it was not a personalized conspiracy). Frankly, I feel like it removes one of the elements of dance that gives it its visual appeal, which is how the outfit moves, whether it is a flow-y smooth/standard gown with floats or Latin fringe.

kckc

Yes, sadly I must agree about Val/Normani, even though they are my favorites by far. Len was absolutely right about the VW. It was too fast-paced, and without a skirt, it just wasn't Vw-ish. I've read that the pros have input on the costumes, but I suspect the music is mostly "take it or leave it". Sigh. Give me traditional music. And get off my lawn! :)

MaggieMoves

Meh, I'm more happy for Emma than him to be honest.

The show last night felt like the Simone & Sasha show before they cut to the final dances. I'm surprised they didn't ask her for the tour.

Dance Ads