Easy and nice Viennese waltz song WANTED!

I have problem, Im looking for song for first dance (wedding). I learning Vienesse Waltz. I need it to be about 2:30 lenght, and in standart BPM (84-90) i supose. Me and my girl....we are not quite good so i need it to be easy (with clearly audible beat). But also it must be nice song....I prefer not to speak of a greater number of requirements. We like rock, we like classical music, blues also.. Please help!

pygmalion

Welcome!

Are you looking for something specifically country and western? Or would any musical genre work? Any thoughts on what type of lyrics? Are you looking for a specially romantic/wedding-themed song?

It could be romantic...but not pathetic. It could be blues, rock, rock-blues ballad for excample. Lyrics language does not matter it may be English, Italian, French. But english would be best i think.

We just like good instrumental playing and not shallow pieces of pseudo art.

If genre is optional, hoiw about an actual Viennese Waltz?
They are, however, anywhere between 8-15 minutes long, as originally written.

pygmalion

8 - 15 minutes for a first wedding dance. Was that a serious suggestion? Most wedding dances I've seen have been 1.5 - 2.5 minutes. If longer, they usually involved inviting the wedding party, Moms and Dads, etc, onto the floor.

And, since most of these random people will probably know less about Viennese waltz than the wedding couple ... ahem.

Question. Would just a regular slow waltz work? Viennese waltz can be difficult for a beginning dancer. Just figured I'd ask. :cool:

pygmalion

We already know some steps and we are after 2/5 dancing course. We have good sense of rhytm but never dance before. :p

its 4:10 lenght and seems like have to fast rhytm or to slow. I dont feel it.

Not saying you should use that particular song, but ... three or four or even five minutes might not be bad. A lot of wedding dances I've seen feature the bride and groom for the first minute or two, followed by whomever they want to invite onto the floor. If you do it that way, you might need four or five minutes.

They do have shorter versions, but the original Strauss, Léhar, Waldteufel, etc. Waltzes are indeed what you might call 'extended dance mixes'.....
Crazy Girl[ is very popular at the Country night clubs.
For beginners, VW is kinda fast, maybe a more sedate 'standard' Waltz would be better.

pygmalion

Sure. Spent more than a decade in orchestras, playing the second violin part in Viennese waltzes among other things. Rest-chunk-chunk Rest-chunk-chunk gets old pretty fast. You're right. They were long. Incredibly long.

Not sure that they would be suitable as a wedding dance at a wedding today, though. That's my point.

pygmalion

Thanks, L. :-D Not sure why, but it never occurred to me that a dance teacher would probably know lots of wedding songs.

*off to itunes I go* *grin*

pygmalion

Ok, you will hate me but....its english waltz we learning...I shouldnt do anything without telling my lady........
Nope. I'd have to know you to hate you. :wink:

Ok, you will hate me but....its english waltz we learning...I shouldnt do anything without telling my lady........
Yep. Get into this habit now. Stay married longer. :wink:

Not surprised. Viennese waltz is, IMHO, way harder. It's harder, IMHO, to find good wedding songs, too. Just curious. How did you find out the difference?

Not surprised. Viennese waltz is, IMHO, way harder. It's harder, IMHO, to find good wedding songs, too. Just curious. How did you find out the difference?
My fiancee told me.... :p Ok I decided to take a song at which we learn dancing...i ask my teacher today whats the title.

Dance Ads