Evenin' Star Boots

Evening Star Dance Boots

My husband has two pairs of Evening Star boots that need re-soled. Any tips on where I should go to have this done? How much should I expect to pay for it? Would it be better just to buy new boots?

THANKS!!!

You want to be careful where you take them. Are these specifically dance evenin stars? In know they make a street version, and for the street version it doesn't matter. For the dance boot, well I know from experience that not all shoe repair shops understand what to do with that. You have to make sure that you ask for suede soles. In NYC, I prefer to go to a special theatrical shoe repair guy. His rates are reasonable (a lot cheaper than sending them back to Evening Star) and he understands dance shoes.

Vince A

heartgrl2k said:
Should I only have them done by Evening Star or do you think another shoe repair could do it?

Thanks for your help.
Any good shoe repair facility should be able to handle the repair of those boots for you. I have two pair (which are never worn outside, nor 'to the event,' but are carried in, and I change into them there) - don't take a chance on getting them wet, especially near the provided water stands at the events).

REMEMBER - as shunshineboy78 said - you have to instruct the shoe repair person to re-attach suede to the repaired sole of the boot, and I recommend "chrome suede." The repairperson will know what it is!

Vince A said:
heartgrl2k said:
Any good shoe repair facility should be able to handle the repair of those boots for you. I have two pair (which are never worn outside, nor 'to the event,' but are carried in, and I change into them there) - don't take a chance on getting them wet, especially near the provided water stands at the events).
REMEMBER - as shunshineboy78 said - you have to instruct the shoe repair person to re-attach suede to the repaired sole of the boot, and I recommend "chrome suede." The repairperson will know what it is!
These are never worn outside either. But he's had them for years and they have just worn out.

What is chrome sudde? It sounds cool...

Vince A

heartgrl2k said:
Vince A said:
heartgrl2k said:
These are never worn outside either. But he's had them for years and they have just worn out.What is chrome sudde? It sounds cool...
Chrome suede is just black suede and it wears forever . . . I had mine done 3 years ago, and they haven't started to wear.

If you wear ES boots or are about to get some, I have a great suggestion for you . . . as custom made one are far superior to the regular ES boots . . . but are (suggested) for competition only!

Vince A said:
Chrome suede is just black suede and it wears forever . . . I had mine done 3 years ago, and they haven't started to wear.

If you wear ES boots or are about to get some, I have a great suggestion for you . . . as custom made one are far superior to the regular ES boots . . . but are (suggested) for competition only!
I don't have a pair myself, but everyone I know who owns them says they are the most comfortable shoes to dance in. I'm in the market for new shoes this summer...perhaps I will get boots also...

Vince A

heartgrl2k said:
Vince A said:

I don't have a pair myself, but everyone I know who owns them says they are the most comfortable shoes to dance in. I'm in the market for new shoes this summer...perhaps I will get boots also...
If you are going to get a pair, but will wear them to social dances etc., don't do the following:

ES star makes super comfortable dance boots that do not have inner toe caps and a few other thngs. You will have to send them a complete drawing of your foot and the bottom of your foot. These boots will be difficult to put on at first, but they fit like super expensive deerskin gloves for your hand. They will be made for YOUR feet. My wife said her dancing went up a notch when she first put these boots on. Now, she won't go back to her old ones, unless we are out social dancing.

If you compete, order the boots in nude . . . so your feet are not emphasized to the judges eyes (in case an error in footwork happens) . . .
the top should be the 11 1/2 version - I think it's called "Diane."

The cost is not that much more than the standard "off-the-shelf-boots."

Where to try on Evenin Star Dance Boots

Since I started running for exercise, my feet have grown and my Evenin Star Dance Boots no longer fit. I see that they now have western style shoe Boots, which I am dying to get a pair of. I really want to be able to try them on before purchasing though. (when you order through the mail you have to pay shipping, return shipping and often a restocking fee, if they don't fit right and you have to return them).
I am willing to travel, and make a fun weekend of it, so if anybody knows where they have a good selection of Evenin Star boots and shoes and are open to the public, please let me know.
Thanks so much!!! Can't wait.

Vince A

Look on the ucwdc.com website for "event schdule," and find an event near you, or one that you want to fly to . . . I have never failed to see Evening Star boots/shoes sold at one of thier events . . . go try 'em on.

Will you be competing? If you plan on it, you may want to have them custom make a pair for your feet . . . they tell you to trace and measure everything.

Vince A said:
Look on the ucwdc.com website for "event schdule," and find an event near you, or one that you want to fly to . . . I have never failed to see Evening Star boots/shoes sold at one of thier events . . . go try 'em on.

Will you be competing? If you plan on it, you may want to have them custom make a pair for your feet . . . they tell you to trace and measure everything.
Thanks, I have checked for events, I don't see much happening in the U.S. until the Easterns in May. I was hoping not to have to wait that long. I won't be competing, but they are just the best to dance in, especially nowthat they have the Western style shoe boot!

Vince A

You may have to wait, as they should be tried on . . . unless you want to take a chance that the first pair you order will be the correct size. I do believe that the boots and shoes run true to size . . . my regular boots are exactly the size I wear, but the competition boots run small . . . to be more snug on the feet!

I'm leaving in about 30 minutes for a comp . . . let me see what I can find out from an ES vendor there . . . if anything???

Thanks so much.
I may have to just bite the bullet and order them. Take the chance on not having to mail them back and then waiting for another size. I'm not very patient and would prefer to hop on a plane, spend a weekend exploring a new area, and then fly home with my new boots!!
I am not really in the loop to keep up with all the competitions, otherwise I would hunt one down that was coming up real soon.

Vince A

I talked to a distributor this weekend in LA, and he said the only way that he knows of (for your area) is by ordering them, just like you are planning to do.

I tried a pair on this weekend as my "tango" shoes were worn out and was planning on purchasing a new pair anyway.

The shoes really felt comfortable . . . although I like shoes with heels (like tango shoes), and they don't make those for men, or at least that's what this distributor said. I don't like flat heels, unless I'm trying to dance some ballroom, which I seldom do these days. The men's ES with flat heels just didn't look right, they looked like wingtips . . .

They do have them with a 1 1/2 heel for women though, and they looked great . . . but not for me . . . I don't have that small of a foot????????

So, if you like their boots, give their shoe a shot . . . as you can always send them back, just don't dance on anything but carpet when you try them, as they won't take them back if the sole and heel is well-used.

Good luck . . .

Thanks for checking them out. I am female so the shoe boots should work for me. Don't suppose you got any info on where to order from, by any chance? I have located one source but they don't have them in stock, so they are just a middle man who has to order them first and then send them to me. I'd prefer to go right to the source, if possible, to somebody who can just mail them out to me.

Thanks so much. I did call Mr. Boots, but he didn't have them in stock and I know that the factory is in the process of (or already has) closed down and moving to Mexico. So it could be a while before they are up and running. That is one of the reasons why I hoped to find somebody who had them in their stock.

Dance Ads