Evenin' Star Boots

kayak

Option 2 is become an NFL cheerleader. I think several teams use them. :D

There was a shoe vendor at the Colorado Country Classic that had some. I didn't look very close since mine have lasted quite a while.

Look up Evenin' Star boots on Ebay. There is someone who is selling brand new ones in whatever size you require, and different styles. From time to time, there are new ones listed on Ebay that someone ordered and couldn't wear, and didn't or could not return.

Kat

Lol about becoming a NFL cheerleader!:lol:

Thank you everyone for the inputs! I found one vendor that is sending me the Dusti XPC. Thank you for the info about Special Order. I was contacting Evenin' Star directly and it seems like he was discouraging to do Special Order because of time.

Anyway, I hope this one fits well! I can't wait to own one! For those who own a pair, what style do you like and which welt/weltless type did you prefer?

Thank you!!!

kayak

This style popular down your way. (Say it ain't so!)
Steve, they are pretty comfortable dance shoes. Just like ballroom shoes, they aren't the right choice for wearing everyday. However, I would say my Evening Stars dance about the same as my Capezio ballroom shoes.

Kat

Well, the one I got is Dusti XPC (weltless with shank) skintone leather and it didn't fit right.... The ankle part bulged out and it actually looked strange. Maybe I need to try weltless, shankless, and lycra so it looks smoother...?

Kinda sad.... :(

kayak

If you look at the way a normal cowboy boot is made, the leather upper is sewn to the leather sole. It works good for thicker leather and stiffer bottoms like in a lot of men's boots, dress shoes and hiking boots. Going weltless wraps the brushed sole to the upper.

The main place I notice a difference is reaching back in waltz. The difference in feel between a casual boot and a dance boot is pretty remarkable. It is not a big deal if the floor is really crowded and the moves are small. However, it is pretty noticeable when the floor is open and we can dance as big as we want.

pygmalion

If you look at the way a normal cowboy boot is made, the leather upper is sewn to the leather sole. It works good for thicker leather and stiffer bottoms like in a lot of men's boots, dress shoes and hiking boots. Going weltless wraps the brushed sole to the upper.

The main place I notice a difference is reaching back in waltz. The difference in feel between a casual boot and a dance boot is pretty remarkable. It is not a big deal if the floor is really crowded and the moves are small. However, it is pretty noticeable when the floor is open and we can dance as big as we want.

I can see where weltless would make for a come comfortable dance boot. :-D

Hey, ican.

This style popular down your way. (Say it ain't so!)
yes Steve,

Over the past 4 years or so this has been the norm for competition style dance boots for both UCWDC and ACDA/Fun Country dance competitions. Before that it was the felt/velvet, and patent leather. Regular leather has been in and out of style since the beginning.

Lycra and ordering

The whole top of the boot that would ordinarily be leather is Lycra - either beige or black. They also offer a nice leather but the Lycra is better if you are hard to fit.

Steve is who you want to talk to. He is great at helping you figure out the size you need and working with you so you get the perfect boot. I am super hard to fit and he got me in a boot that is amazing. I ended up having to send tracings of my feet but this guy knows what he is doing.

Dance Ads