Every Man Must Own

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
good ones joe...oh...btw ...I finally asked dh and he was hystercial....

first he popped out "swiss army knife" right away...then he began this agonizing struggle to think of manly man items....er...tooolbox...he says next....then he's stumped and goes silent...and I'm like "dude, it's a silly little question just let it fly , give your own answers not the stereotypical ones"...so he sheepishly says, "YOU?"...now okay, that earns him some brownies....then he just lays there agonizing like it's a million dollar case hanging in the balance....and I'm laughing at this point and saying, "forget it, it's just not worth it"...but after I mentioned his newpaper and his Qmobile he started warming up, and contributed also his ipod, his stereo, his symphony tickets, his reading room(nerd shed)...his fireplace (man must have fire, even nerd man)...and the city of chicago which he loves, also his star wars and star trek movies and his astronomical binoculars...mainly the stuff I already guessed and posted on here but which he isn't in touch enough with himself to figure out without an hour of agonizing...I love him

samina

I liked the nerd fire bit, but this was my favorite part. Nerd sheds, heh. Especially funny since DH has wanted a library since before I met him. Really, really wanted a library. Nerd shed...
i agree... brilliant... will be chuckling over that one for awhile :)

DancePoet

first he popped out "swiss army knife" right away...then he began this agonizing struggle to think of manly man items....er...tooolbox...he says next....then he's stumped and goes silent...and I'm like "dude, it's a silly little question just let it fly , give your own answers not the stereotypical ones"...so he sheepishly says, "YOU?"...now okay, that earns him some brownies....then he just lays there agonizing like it's a million dollar case hanging in the balance....and I'm laughing at this point and saying, "forget it, it's just not worth it"...but after I mentioned his newpaper and his Qmobile he started warming up, and contributed also his ipod, his stereo, his symphony tickets, his reading room(nerd shed)...his fireplace (man must have fire, even nerd man)...and the city of chicago which he loves, also his star wars and star trek movies and his astronomical binoculars...mainly the stuff I already guessed and posted on here but which he isn't in touch enough with himself to figure out without an hour of agonizing...I love him
Great list. :cool:

If you subtract out the knife and toolbox, and count the Star Trek and Star Wars movies as one he is down to 10. :D

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I liked the nerd fire bit, but this was my favorite part. Nerd sheds, heh. Especially funny since DH has wanted a library since before I met him. Really, really wanted a library. Nerd shed...
we turned our "formal dining room" into a wine, smoke and reading room...book shelves, bistro table, full wall floor to ceiling wine rack, humidor(for his occasioanal cigar)...telescope, cuckoo clock, globe, chess set...two overstuffed chairs and footstools....it's his play pen...anyone who eats here can eat in the kitchen...not fancy but plenty big

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Great list. :cool:

If you subtract out the knife and toolbox, and count the Star Trek and Star Wars movies as one he is down to 10. :D
he never really meant the first two anyhow...he was just trying to be "manly" ...which is mostly my job anyhow;) ...except for mice...he has to deal with the mice...uh...and taxes...

Peaches

we turned our "formal dining room" into a wine, smoke and reading room...book shelves, bistro table, full wall floor to ceiling wine rack, humidor(for his occasioanal cigar)...telescope, cuckoo clock, globe, chess set...two overstuffed chairs and footstools....it's his play pen...anyone who eats here can eat in the kitchen...not fancy but plenty big
Very cool. Most guests seem to enjoy eating more in the kitchen anyway--more friendly and relaxed.

etp777

Just glanced through thread, but I did pretty well. Not surprising, considering how manly I am. THat being said, let me get back to my baking. ;)

Peaches

Just glanced through thread, but I did pretty well. Not surprising, considering how manly I am. THat being said, let me get back to my baking. ;)
Get back in the kitchen, you! And take off those damn shoes! Gotta shorten that chain...

(Thinking of horrible sexist joke which is also funny in a very wrong way.)

Turtle neck sweater
Bow tie
Any 'Best of' Tina Turner :cool:
Flashy tie
Jock strap with wife's initials on them
Feather in a cap
Smoking jacket and false pipe (if none smoker)
Lambretta aftershave set including shower gel :cool:
Old style shaving blade with applicator brush
Fanny pack
False Moustache

Subliminal

So I'm attempting to revive this thread with a shaving question.

So what do you guys use? Or ladies, what do your favorite guys use?

I am debating going from electric to something more old school. I'm not sure about the whole cut-throat razor. I shave my whole head, so I imagine doing the back of my neck would be insane. I guess the next step up would be the safety razor.

Thoughts?

Dance Ads