Famous people who tango?

Just a bit of frivolity

Who do you know of who dances tango as a hobby?

I can think of Clive James (wish he were Prime Minister) and I think Joeley Richardson learnt to tango for an episode of Nip/Tuck (don't know whether she took it up though).

And - for a further bit of frivolity: Who would your fantasy tango partner be (excluding professional tango dancers)... Hmm, think mine would be Bryan Ferry because he's so suave! :)

Angel HI

There are many others, including; Arnold Schwarznegger, Jamie Lee Curtis, Tia Carrera, and me...OK, not so famous, but, hey...

Angel HI

So do they have special 'famous people' milongas? ;)
Actually, a few years ago, my partner and I were in North Hollywood where we went to eat at a Hole-in-the-Wall on some corner of an indescript neighborhood. When we entered, we found shabby lighting, picnic style tables, a fair amount of noise, 2 bands (one playing only lambadas and the other only Arg. Tangos...alternatively every half hour). We also found the place to be crowded with celebs; stars, directors, writers, producers. After dancing, we were invited to one director's table, and subsequently offered a dancing role in a movie project. Unfortunately, this was on sat., they were filming on mon., but we had prior obligations across the country on tues., and had to decline.

Angel HI

Well, we were told to go there. We were anticipating the band and the music, just not the ambiance or celebs, and, certainly, not being offerred a role. It was a fun eve.

He does... he lives in northern Virginia and has renovated his stables into a gorgeous ballroom that was featured a few years back in Architectural Digest.
Some of our tango community have been privleged enough to have been invited to dance there, but alas it was "before my time". I understand that he does not have as many milongas as he once had having caught some friction from his neighbors or something regarding them...what a shame.... it would have been fun.

I think I read that Robert de Niro does tango.

Angel HI

Made up?

Did I miss the memo? Is today "Dump On Angel Day"? I was just sharing a fun night in CA in response to milongas involving celebs, etc.

Dance Ads