Female dancer equals prostitute. Come again?

Re: .

Athena said:
Side comment - I know someone who got into salsa because of a girl, and not only fell in love with the dance and became a teacher, but also married the girl :)
Good for him. My story is quite similar except that she got married to somebody else.

pygmalion

Ron Obvious said:
cocodrilo said:
Ron Obvious said:
A friends of mine says all women are prostitutes. It just depends how much you have to pay them (and how long).

* runs for cover *
You keep company with people that say things like that? :eyebrow:
He has other qualities.
I would hope so. :roll: :roll: Most human relationships DO involve an exchange. I try to give you what you need/want. You try to give me what I need/want. But to equate that to prostitution? Hmm... (I'd better not say what I'm thinking. :roll: :lol: )

I know huh.. crazy people tsk tsk.. u'd think they'de get bored from having the same pics on for a few weeks .. and u actually get months and years! .. tsk tsk tsk .. so sad :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Twilight_Elena

:shock: :shock: :shock: I'm gone for a few days and look what happens with my thread! :shock: :shock: :p
Well. Many people asked why I started this subject and who told me such a thing. Nobody did, is the answer, but I'm getting vibes in the air that point me to this direction all the time. Non-dancers are totally prejudiced and I was wondering if you had similar experiences.

Twilight Elena

I don't think all non-dancers think that, but I must admit a fair few do! NOt quite dancing being slutty, but more about sex. They think that dancers are better in bed as they can do better moves.
None of the guys I know think it make them easy in bed, but better!

tsb

wolfhazel said:
I don't think all non-dancers think that, but I must admit a fair few do! NOt quite dancing being slutty, but more about sex. They think that dancers are better in bed as they can do better moves.

i think it's more a case of it being better partners. richard powers (member of the dance faculty at stanford) expresses it this way:

A bunch of us guys were talking after a dance years ago and one said,
"Have you ever noticed that the best dancers are often the best lovers?"

Then when I passed this observation on to my wife Melanie, she replied,
"Are you guys just discovering that NOW? We've been saying that for
years!" ;)

What is the connection between the two? (which is why I brought this up to a dance class.)

Most people agree that the best lover is the one who is totally THERE for
his or her partner. A "bad lover", regardless of technique, is one who is
only in it for his or her self gratification.

Similarly, your best dance partners are totally there WITH you, not just
using you for their self gratification.

(Beyond that, there is no further connection necessary between these two
realms. ;)

Does that make more sense? Now, about that "WITH you"...

I used to encourage my students to dance FOR their partners. But I
stopped saying that. Sure, this is better than self-indulgent showing
off, or using a dance partner as an accessory to one's ego. But my saying "dance for your partner" was incomplete. It can imply that you must sacrifice your own enjoyment in order to provide a good time for your partner, as some kind of a gift.

And your partner's response to that would likely be, "I don't want you to
dance FOR me... I'd like you to dance WITH me.

Yes?

So I now encourage my students to dance WITH their partners. Show them that you are having fun too. Because of them. Interact. Play.

Dance Ads