Flav & Vincent on Strictly - Stunning Milonga

Must disagree. It is a well-known fact (widely documented on Wikipedia) that Argentines have a statistically higher midi-chlorian count when compared to, say, all other dancers in the world. They do not lead and follow - They simply see the dance before it happens. No need for choreography.
Is that so? Then what am I seeing at these demonstrations being danced by Argentines when they are travelling here? A choreographic routine, non?

Me

Ah, bummer. I made an obscure (and not very funny) joke.

Midi-chlorians and the Chosen One

Midi-chlorians (also spelled "midi-clorians" or "midichlorians") are a microorganism in the fictional Star Wars galaxy, first mentioned in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. They are microscopic life-forms that reside within the cells of all living things and communicate with the Force. Midi-chlorians compose a collective consciousness and intelligence, forming links between everything living and the Force. They are symbionts with all other living things; that is, without them, life could not exist. The Jedi have learned how to listen to and coordinate the midi-chlorians. In order to be a Jedi or a Sith, one must have a high enough concentration of midi-chlorians in one's cells.[8]
I just did an advanced search of the DF and I am the first dork to make a midi-chlorian reference. Is that good thing, or a bad thing?

"Seemingly weird comment?" What was so seemingly weird abot Brucie's comment? (Did I miss something?) It was just light entertainment, my friend, in Brucie's usual "nice to see ya, to see ya nice" way. Oooohh - Leaping preciousness. Mwa! Mwa! Dwahling-mwa - ha, ha, ha:rolleyes:
I'm not talking to you.

Thread-stealer.

:p

Ah, bummer. I made an obscure (and not very funny) joke.

I just did an advanced search of the DF and I am the first dork to make a midi-chlorian reference. Is that good thing, or a bad thing?
Oy vey! What a load of Obe Wan Kenobi!

Im sure that "pickling yourself in Malbec from birth" also has the same effect...

My opinion, not bad. Not bad at all! It actually looks like a milonga. There are a few portions where the "Choreography" becomes obvious (self lead boleos, Too large strides, Dancing in promenade too much, etc.), a show tango (Milonga) should always look lead. But, otherwise, OK.
For me a tango show should have variety. I especially like dances that look improvised, as if done at a milonga, and by ordinary if skilled dancers paying attention only to each other and not to an audience.

But I also like choreographed dances. Pro dancers are athletes and dance obsessives, and what they are doing is presenting works of art to be enjoyed by others, a sort of gift. I don't want to see their doodles and preliminary sketches and first and second drafts. I want to see the final draft, meticulously detailed and perfectly executed.

Oh, and I enjoy an occasional comedic performance, and maybe a fantasia depicting a dance in, say, 1912 France. (But hate those perfs with the dancers shown as pimps, gangsters, and prosties.)

Larry de Los Angeles

Well, most of the times, I don't. I've seen wonderful dances choreographed by Naveira and others that are magnificent. What I don't like in this one is that I feel it has nothing of milonga. I've been better milongas improvised than this coreography.

Fundamentally, this clip has nothing I look for and admire while dancing to milonga music.

Oooh, I found out last night that Giraldo of Corrientes fame will be involved in the AT demo for Strictly - shown on Sunday.
Yep, and how dry, boring and brass monkey cold was his and his bird's performance. (For godsake you're on camera and BBC licencefee payers are paying your wage, SMIIIIIILLLLLLE). Flav and Vinny once again saved the day. Watch out for the semis next week dancing what he does best - AT - he and Rachel should be, in Craig's words: FAB. U. LUSS.

Yep, and how dry, boring and brass monkey cold was his and his bird's performance. (For godsake you're on camera and BBC licencefee payers are paying your wage, SMIIIIIILLLLLLE). Flav and Vinny once again saved the day. Watch out for the semis next week dancing what he does best - AT - he and Rachel should be, in Craig's words: FAB. U. LUSS.
Well he didnt smile last time either :nope:

Hmm only just got to see this (after rabbiting on about SCD last week did I remember to tape it over weekend? Of course not). I didnt much like any of it really. Still - I agree we want to see them smile.

I'd also say - I havent seen anyone yet do show tango on British TV as well as F&V do it.

On a related subject - did you go to Ezequiel and Geraldine's performance at the weekend? How was it?

Dance Ads