Flower boy is not getting any dates from me!!!

bordertangoman

SPratt74 said:
Now listen here mister. We've moved on from Flower Boy, so no bringing him up now you hear me lol? Icky... Icky... Icky. Now we can talk about the cute guy though (I have to think of a nick name for him lol)!
:D

Apologies SP74, I fell asleep in the tittle-tattle, these threads are like Chinese whispers. Maybe there ought to be a way of renaming the thread at the top of each page so you have some idea of what's going on (which I apparently don't! ;)). Like those early 19thC books which at the begining of each chapter would explain what happens next
our heroine falls for the comely Lord X, not knowing that he has evil designs upon her person and may be in mortal danger.....

bordertangoman said:
Apologies SP74, I fell asleep in the tittle-tattle, these threads are like Chinese whispers. Maybe there ought to be a way of renaming the thread at the top of each page so you have some idea of what's going on (which I apparently don't! ;)). Like those early 19thC books which at the begining of each chapter would explain what happens next
our heroine falls for the comely Lord X, not knowing that he has evil designs upon her person and may be in mortal danger.....
That's alright. You are forgiven this one time, but don't let it happen again!!! :p

DancePoet

SPratt74 said:
That's what I'm afraid of. The thing that gets me is that there is another guy at work that has been Ballroom Dancing for five years, and this guy knows this. So, why did he wait this long to ask me questions when he knows the other guy better and he knows that he has been taking dancing lessons too? ;)
Maybe he feels more comfortable talking with you for another reason, and not just after a date?

DancePoet

SPratt74 said:
Yeah, but he barely knows me though. I don't think he even knows my last name yet. Does that matter?
If you are still interested, keep flirting. Eventually one of you might get up the courage to ask the other for a date. :cool:

DancePoet said:
If you are still interested, keep flirting. Eventually one of you might get up the courage to ask the other for a date. :cool:
I hope so, but he's such a good looking guy though. I mean literally the girls are like throwing themselves at him at work. And not because of his looks so much, but he's such a sweatheart too! I mean he can make anyone feel comfortable without knowing their name lol. And I've dated good looking guys before of course (there was one time I only dated jocks lol), but still... I didn't know any better back then lol. So, it's like I'm hoping this will happen, but I don't know if it will or not. But it's kind of fun that I have his attention. Maybe it was because I didn't throw myself at him lol?

fascination said:
spratt...reconsider your expectations...they can lead to trouble and to missing a really good guy....
Yeah, but are you sure that's not too aggressive? I almost asked him to go to the club tonight, but I was never by him at work today to do so. I mean he knows about it, but I thought I would remind him lol. But it's hard, because he gets off later than I do. I do know that he wants to attend the lessons tomorrow night. I'm going to remind him of this lol. You don't think that it's to forward though? I don't want to seem pushy or desperate is all.

pygmalion

SPratt74 said:
Yeah, but are you sure that's not too aggressive? I almost asked him to go to the club tonight, but I was never by him at work today to do so. I mean he knows about it, but I thought I would remind him lol. But it's hard, because he gets off later than I do. I do know that he wants to attend the lessons tomorrow night. I'm going to remind him of this lol. You don't think that it's to forward though? I don't want to seem pushy or desperate is all.
Forward? :shock: No! This is the twenty-first century. It's okay for the girl to ask. lol.

I understand where you're coming from, though. :cool:

Just remind him the same way as you would a girlfriend (as best you can.) Be casual. Be up front. And remind him. "Hey. Those group dance lessons are tomorrow night. Are you still planning to go?" works fine. You've reminded him, registered on his radar screen that you care, and been un-pushy, all in the same sentence. lol.

pygmalion said:
Forward? :shock: No! This is the twenty-first century. It's okay for the girl to ask. lol.

I understand where you're coming from, though. :cool:

Just remind him the same way as you would a girlfriend (as best you can.) Be casual. Be up front. And remind him. "Hey. Those group dance lessons are tomorrow night. Are you still planning to go?" works fine. You've reminded him, registered on his radar screen that you care, and been un-pushy, all in the same sentence. lol.
Oh that's good! I can do that!

DancePoet - I like your advice too! He can't afford much like me anyways, so it would have to be something small and affordable, which is fine by me!

Dance Ads