food journal

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
yesterday: slice of pastry sausage roll, egg white, spinach mushroom scramble, coffee

brown rice pasta w/ marinara, unsweet green tea

asian slaw salad and tuna salad on crackers with white cheddar, glass of passion fruit wine

tequila with water and lemon

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
today...not so hot

11am... chicken tenders,
1pm... 3 sliders
3... brown rice pasta w/ marinara
7 ...vegetarian chili

coffee, unsweet green tea, tequila and water w/ lemon

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
brekkies: sweet and sour tuna on a wheat bagel thin with cheddar and lowfat miracle whip, chocolate flavored coffee w/skim

lunch: bolognese over green beans and olives and a bit of quinoa pasta, glass of pinot grigio

small bowl of curried orange pork, peppers and cauliflower over a bit of rice, tequila and water w/ freshly squeezed clementines and limes

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
weird food day:

had the leftover bolognese, quinoa, and green beans for breakfast, with chocolate flavored coffee

potato soup, cheezits and powerade zero for lunch

plaintain, peppers, oaxaca cheese and shallots panini on ciabatta, romaine/tangelo/radish/vinigarette salad(courtesy of blue apron), 2 glasses Viogner

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
breakfast....potato soup, leftover romaine tangelo salad, chocolate coffee

lunch: low sodium tomato soup w/cheezits, grilled cheese on pumpernickel with dill relish and hot sauce, skim milk

blue powerade zero

dinner...another grilled cheese on pumpernickel and potato soup....tequila with water and lemon

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
McDonlad's sweet tea to perk me up for the drive home from the competition... once at home homemade jerky and popsicles. It is Sunday and we are tired.

Last edited:

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
love it when I have a day where I can actually take the time to make delicious home made food....dh and I have been so busy that usually at the end of the day it is some boring quite underwhelming thing...but today I had the time to make a really serious salad, fish tacos with a nice home made viniagarette slaw, and a warm potato, green bean and bacon salad

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
Had way too much food over the past week. Need to have a serious heart to heart talk with DH about the amount of food he buys and cooks, and then pushes on me. "Here eat this whole bunch of bananas and avocados, and all the chicken and asparagus, and spaghetti and meat, and portabello with toppings. Also I bought you a bag of oranges too. And don't forget that 3 pack of hummus and 3 boxes of cherry tomatoes. And some blackberries while you are at it. Eat it all before it goes bad!"

He cooks a new entire meal every day twice a day. And then refuses to eat any leftovers.
I literally only buy what I am going to eat. And I don't keep the cupboards or the fridge bursting with food.

When he goes on a binge buying and cooking the poor college girl in me comes out She can't waste food and so I eat all of it so it doesn't go bad. That just reinforces his love language of feeding me so the cycle gets bigger and faster....

I feel absolutely ungrateful, but I just want to take all of it and just dump it in the garbage as soon as he unloads it into the kitchen. Because it is either going around my waist or in the trash eventually.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I try to let the fresh food determine what we have to eat first /balanced with which produce I can go ahead and cook or freeze before it starts to get too long in the tooth.....but then I will figure out a way to cook/bake it so that I can thaw and eat later....but I get your point...way easier, unless you are worried about a month long blizzard, to simply buy modest amounts of food especially when it is a time where folks are working long hours or travelling

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
breakfast at 10:30 ended up being salad...coffee w/skim
lunch at 3=soup and salad...unsweet tea
dinner at 6: meatloaf and mashed.....high probability of wine

Dance Ads