Gee, you're good -> the art and science of compliments

SalseraLaura said:
ok...ive been debating whether or not to share this experience for months now, cos i dont want to sound big headed, but really it was great so ive decided to take the plunge and share.

Slap me if im being egotistical, i never share what ppl have said to me in real life so it seems easier on the net :oops: im a very modest person, just proud of my compliments :D
For the same reason I shared the following complinent only with my closest friend (like LIta :lol: ).
It was at the end of the Geneva Congress, Melissa Fernandes (partner of Luis Vasquez), came to see me and told me : "You are a terrific dancer".

It was like a dream during one week, I LOVED THIS DANCE !!!!!!

MacMoto

Preko said:
For the same reason I shared the following complinent only with my closest friend (like LIta :lol: ).
It was at the end of the Geneva Congress, Melissa Fernandes (partner of Luis Vasquez), came to see me and told me : "You are a terrific dancer".

I was watching when you danced with Melissa Fernandez, so I saw her stop and ask her pal to video the dance. She must have really meant what she said. You two looked FANTASTIC! 8)

MacMoto said:
Preko said:

I was watching when you danced with Melissa Fernandez, so I saw her stop and ask her pal to video the dance. She must have really meant what she said. You two looked FANTASTIC! 8)
Thank you
I can't forget this part of the dance, when she decided to video the dance she put a lot of stress on me. I recorded it too, and I already watched it a million times. :lol: :lol:

MacMoto

Preko said:
I can't forget this part of the dance, when she decided to video the dance she put a lot of stress on me.
Well if you were feeling the pressure, it didn't show :wink:

Preko said:
I recorded it too, and I already watched it a million times. :lol: :lol:
So when are you going to show us the video then? :lol:

Vin

Thought I'ld bring this back because I got a particularly nice compliment last night.
This guy I know from the clubs, been coming out a bunch and has learned from some big names. Well anyways he came up to me last night and said.

"Do you realize that you are never off-time, I see hardly anyone that is just always on-time like that"

Anyways I'm awesome, who wants to touch me?

Vince A

Vin said:
Thought I'ld bring this back because I got a particularly nice compliment last night.
This guy I know from the clubs, been coming out a bunch and has learned from some big names. Well anyways he came up to me last night and said.

"Do you realize that you are never off-time, I see hardly anyone that is just always on-time like that"

Anyways I'm awesome, who wants to touch me?
Now, that's a compliment. Way to go!

Lat night after the amateur-salsa-competition I met a leader from salsaclass:

"Here you are!
I was looking for you everywhere. I wanted you as partner in the competition"

:D

/luc

Vin

kdogg said:
Sorry, I don't get the connection between "compliment" and "science" other than both of them being noun.
OK Kdogg, I think I may know you. Did you go to the LA congress? If so I think we met there, funny enough.

An interesting compliment not:

At the last convention I was at I arrived the first day, dressed for dancing. I actually had 3 seperate people com up to me saying "I cant wait to see you dance, you look like youll be really good!" I had to actually show someone my j&j number to convince them I was competing in novice... Cool except they hadnt seen me dance, were just going by what I looked like. I had mixed feelings about that, since Im not a good dancer.... Im like "I should wait to dance as long as possible to forestall disallusioning these people"

lol

Sagitta

MacMoto said:
Preko said:
I can't forget this part of the dance, when she decided to video the dance she put a lot of stress on me.
Well if you were feeling the pressure, it didn't show :wink:

Preko said:
I recorded it too, and I already watched it a million times. :lol: :lol:
So when are you going to show us the video then? :lol:
Still waiting the video, like MM...

I had one coupla nights ago. Plucked up the courage to dance with this advanced salsera, just coz a really nice song came on. I was just sort of enjoying the song, and wasn't really doing any moves beyond my beginner stuff. After a couple of minutes I realized she was looking at me with a smile and she said 'You really love this music, don't you?'

I wonder if that was a compliment or a hint to get her a bit more involved in the dance? :?

Cheers
R

Sagitta

latindia said:
I had one coupla nights ago. Plucked up the courage to dance with this advanced salsera, just coz a really nice song came on. I was just sort of enjoying the song, and wasn't really doing any moves beyond my beginner stuff. After a couple of minutes I realized she was looking at me with a smile and she said 'You really love this music, don't you?'

I wonder if that was a compliment or a hint to get her a bit more involved in the dance? :?

Cheers
R
Probably is a compliment. I've had people say they can see when I enjoy the music vs am just doing moves. Big difference. Nice one. :cheers: :)

On Saturday night, I was out at the regular latin night. I was dancing a chacha with a friend of mine and when we walked off the floor after the set, an older gentleman started cheering and gave me a high five. It was very odd, but it made me smile. About 20 minutes later, after another set of dances, I was sitting down at a table with some of my friends and the same gentleman came by the table. As it turns out, he's a dance teacher and has been dancing twice as long as I've been alive. He told me I have a gorgeous chacha and a beautiful lockstep, as well as a natural, smooth style. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy. He now calls me the chacha queen. :p

I've seen him out twice since and we danced for the first time last night: a chacha, a salsa and a bachata. He told me I'm a gorgeous dancer and that he had a lot of fun with the dance.

It made me feel so good, especially because I've been stuck in a rough patch for the last two weeks or so and I've been discouraged.

Dance Ads