Getting to know you...

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Neo and Sabor - I believe that all three of us just got dethroned as resident DF Flirt! :D

Gotta watch those silver tongue actor-types, they're always pretending to be someone else. ;)

SG

TemptressToo said:
I did this on another forum and am kind of interested how this one will turn out...

State of Residence? Favorite Color? Favorite Animal? Zodiac Sign? Favorite Dance?

For me, here are my answers...

Florida, Black, Horse, Aquarius, East Coast Swing/Rumba

Now you do it... ;) It will be interesting to compare yourself to others.
Alberta (Canada), Black, Horse, Aquarius, Samba

Hey GR, what's your analysis of me look like?

I seem to have missed this whole topic so far... ah well, I guess that's what happens when you're not online much :p

Yay, more surveys!

State of residence: California
Favorite color: changes...currently fuchsia
Favorite animal: cat
Zodiac sign: Greek system -- Aquarius; Chinese system -- Snake (she/)
Favorite dance: Foxtrot (both for Smooth and Standard)

Genesius Redux said:
squirrel said:
:) Genesius, I see you've psychoanalysed everybody... anything interesting to say about me???
Hey there, cutie-

I'm still getting to know you. But I'm not surprised you said cat as your animal--independent, pleasure-loving, frank in its love of sensuality, but always self-contained, apart, even coy. The Leo suggests even more of the cat nature, in a regal way. You'd be the Cleopatra sort, queenly and sensual and erotic, yet tough as nails and even cruel when you have to be. The dark red suggests that too. Although the cat and the deeper red suggests an inward orientation, the Leo can be very extroverted. Or, to put it another way, Leo puts the self out generously for all others to admire. After all, you're worthy of the attention and it's nice of you to share yourself with others. People who don't know you that well may see you as self-centered. The truth, however, is that you know who you are and you know what you like and you're not afraid to pursue that. This sense of healthy self-knowledge does not preclude gestures of even very elaborate generosity. You give of your knowledge, your affection, and your passion freely and exuberantly--and for people who are not strong enough to receive it, it can be overwhelming, even deadly. So you need to find partners who are strong and self-possessed but nonetheless able to admire you. There will always be an element of selfishness in your love relationships, on both sides.

With maybe one exception. There is a small part of you, buried deep down, that is vulnerable and uncertain. You protect this part of yourself and you don't show it willingly. But if you ever meet anyone who can touch that part of you and show you that you are loved and valued not just for your Leonine strength, then you will fall head over heels. This is your inner Pisces that your Leo protects. But I have no basis for saying that except a feeling I get when I read your posts.

I'm having a hard time reading you, because my reading is all caught up in my own preconceptions about Romanian women, whom I consider to be just too sexy for words--so I have to pay closer attention to see who you are independently of your country.

How did I do? :? 8)
:) not too bad actually... I have to admit I'm quite impressed :)
I'd like to meet you and dance with you... I bet it's quite an experience 8) :lol:
now seriously, I'd like to meet you. I love meeting intelligent persons, and you seem to be one of them.
Btw, Romanian women ARE beautiful... if you pay a visit to Romania, you might even want to move here!

squirrel said:
Genesius Redux said:
How did I do? :? 8)
:) not too bad actually... I have to admit I'm quite impressed :)
I'd like to meet you and dance with you... I bet it's quite an experience 8) :lol:
now seriously, I'd like to meet you. I love meeting intelligent persons, and you seem to be one of them.
Btw, Romanian women ARE beautiful... if you pay a visit to Romania, you might even want to move here!
Well, I guess on my way to Melbourne in the Land-Down-Under, I shall have to make a stop in Bucharest. I have a good friend who adores Prague in the winter, btw, so maybe he'd be interested in going. He doesn't dance, though. 8)

TemptressToo said:
State of Residence? Favorite Color? Favorite Animal? Zodiac Sign? Favorite Dance?
Indiana (Forever in Florida! It's always too cold here! :D )

Silver/Any kind of Dark Blue/*Very* dark reds-think Crimson/Black

Eastern-style Dragons/Snakes/Cats/Horses (Arabians) (I *can't* choose! I'm sorry!)

Dragon (Go western Astrology! For me, it's much more accurate, but in the West - Libra)

Cha Cha/Samba (so far!)

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

SDsalsaguy said:
Genesius Redux said:
SDSalsa and Salsachinita like wolves too!

They are the most amazing creatures--isn't it awful the way they've been driven to the brink of extinction? Is it possible to save them, do you think?
I really, really hope so GR... although I don't know how much longer it might even be possible for. :(
Ne, don't loose hope! Our Wolves will find *someway* to survive, and at the very least, there will always be people who are willing to help save them! :wink: Be positive! Beautiful, though powerful, creatures like Wolves won't go down without a fight!

(PS- I *know* this was from awhile ago! Sorry for coming in so late! =o_O=...)

Genesius Redux said:
I score 24 and 1/2. :D

Does a high score mean I lack individuality? :shock: :? :|
Unless there was a revised tally later, I scored 20 1/2!

*coughs* *YOU!* Lacking individuality??!?!?!!? Could it be that the Apocolypse approaches?!?!? :wink: :D 8)

Genesius Redux said:
I think it's interesting that red is so popular. You can tell who the flashy people are! :lol:
Hmm... But for those of us who chose the darker shades, who says that we can't be flashy in our own right? :twisted: That "little black dress" wasn't invented for nothin'! =^_~=

Danish Guy said:
All the Horoscope talk made me think of this Weird Al Yankovic Classic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your Horoscope For Today

Aquarius
There's travel in your future when your tongue freezes to the back of a
speeding bus
Fill that void in your pathetic life by playing Whack-A-Mole seventeen hours a
day

Pisces
Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus
You are the true Lord of the Dance, no matter what those idiots at work say

Aries
The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound
watermelon in your colon
Trade toothbrushes with an albino dwarf, then give a hickey to Meryl Streep

Taurus
You will never find true happiness - what you gonna do, cry about it?
The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go
back to sleep

Gemini
Your birthday party will be ruined once again by your explosive flatulence
Your love life will run into trouble when your fiancé hurls a javelin through
your chest

Cancer
The position of Jupiter says you should spend the rest of the week face down in
the mud
Try not to shove a roll of duct tape up your nose while taking your driver's
test

Leo
Now is not a good time to photocopy your butt and staple it to your boss's
face, oh no
Eat a bucket of tuna-flavored pudding, then wash it down with a gallon of
strawberry Quik

Virgo
All Virgos are extremely friendly and intelligent - except for you
Expect a big surprise today when you wind up with your head impaled on a stick

Now you may find it inconceivable or at the very least a bit unlikely that the
relative position of the planets and the stars could have a special deep
significance or meaning that exclusively applies to only you, but let me give
you my assurance that these forecasts and predictions are all based on solid,
scientific, documented evidence, so you would have to be some kind of moron not
to realize that every single one of the is absolutely true.

Where was I?

Libra
A big promotion is just around the corner for someone much more talented than
you
Laughter is the very best medicine, remember that when your appendix bursts
next week

Scorpio
Get ready for an unexpected trip when you fall screaming from an open window
Work a little bit harder on improving your low self-esteem, you stupid freak

Sagittarius
All your friends are laughing behind your back (kill them)
Take down all those naked pictures of Ernest Borgnine you've got hanging in
your den

Capricorn
The stars say that you're an exciting and wonderful person, but you know
they're lying
If I were you, I'd lock my doors and windows and never never never never never
leave my house again

That's your horoscope for today
:lol: :lol: You're my HERO for bringing this up! I used to have it all memorized... Great song... Great album... But I think Genesius has been competing with its scientific insights rather well! :D

(Note to all: sorry for hijacking this for these last couple posts! I restrained myself from commenting on some things, but they were *very* funny! Now, I promise I'll post here, and then start sharing again! =^_~=)

As for those things about "do me do me!!..." I think they explain themselves! =^___^= :twisted: I love dark humour... *evil grin*

scorpionguy said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Neo and Sabor - I believe that all three of us just got dethroned as resident DF Flirt! :D

Gotta watch those silver tongue actor-types, they're always pretending to be someone else. ;)

SG
*nods* Yes. I think you just did! *grins* But I love the color silver! You guys'll just have to try (flirt) harder to catch up with Genesius! What's a little friendly rivalry every now and then, eh? Ask nicely, and maybe Genesius will share some tips with you!
*shrugs* Who knows; if you all interchange, we'll have a group of unstoppable, unresistable flirts on our hands!!!! What are the women (and girls! :wink: ) of DF to do?!

--Answer= Dance the night away with 'em! :twisted: :D 8) We gotta love you guys!

And, to Genesius: I'm gonna have to beg (quiet, you fiend! :wink: ) you to analyze me too! :roll: I await your "silver-tongued" words! *hugs*

Ask nicely, and maybe Genesius will share some tips with you!
Aww, thank you for the concern my young dear, but it is not necessary! A man should never steal pick up lines from another...and to give such talents away would be to disempower the other individual! I have all the wit I need at the present to get my point across, unless I'm hiding it that is! :twisted: :roll: :shock: :D

SG

MacMoto

Am I the only person who hears a mention of Florida and -- instead of thinking about the Disney World, Keys, etc. -- immediately thinks "Pygmalion and Peach!"? The same goes for New York - "Boriken!", Colorado - "Youngsta!", Melbourne - "Salsachinita!", London - "Pacion!", etc., etc. My geography has been remapped based on DF. :oops:

MacMoto said:
Am I the only person who hears a mention of Florida and -- instead of thinking about the Disney World, Keys, etc. -- immediately thinks "Pygmalion and Peach!"? The same goes for New York - "Boriken!", Colorado - "Youngsta!", Melbourne - "Salsachinita!", London - "Pacion!", etc., etc. My geography has been remapped based on DF. :oops:
=O_O= No, no you're not! *shock* I just realized this from your post, but locations such as Bucharest (sp?! *winces*), Romania; Cairo, Egypt; and Nashville, Tennessee all make me think of Squirrel, Sabor, and Genesius, respectively; and of course, your geography as well! Dancin_feet and Salsachinita are my Australia now! =^_~=

Of course, for Florida, though Pygmalion and Peach are there, and I think of them, I still think most of Anna-Maria Island, a mile away from my Nana and Granddaddy's condo (which looks *RIGHT* out onto the Gulf of Mexico!!!!!!!), where there's a lovely little beach shop that carries a shirt/tank-top that I *sooooo* want! And it reads:

Anna-Maria Island... A quaint drinking village with a fishing problem.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it!

chachachacat

California
Purple
Cat
Scorpio
Cha Cha, Rumba, Bolero, Mambo, Samba, Foxtrot, Salsa, Swing, Tango...(variety!)

This thread is FUN!

Ok...
State of Residence? NJ Yes, Joizey. :) Right now I mostly live at school though, and that's on Manhattan. And before that it was Wisconsin

Favorite Color? Anything green.

Favorite Animal? Giant Schnauzer, cos I grew up with one. For those who don't know, it's a huge, black, scary-looking, too smart, really sweet dog.
I get along well with cats, too. I think I'd be a complete cat person if I didn't have a dog as a child.

Zodiac Sign? Gemini! Which is why I live in two states, am earning my third degree, have two favorite animals and oh, what else....

Favorite Dance? WCS right now. I think. But I am getting more into AT, too, so...*sigh* that too.

GR, you sound a lot like a friend of mine who does Tarot readings. Do you do those? How did you get so interested in astrology?

Dance Ads