Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

IndyLady

Well, this Latin guy is in the top 8; does that count as an early exit? I have never watched the show or paid attention to it at all, so I'm asking in all sincerity.
This year they only have a top 10 (so 2 have been eliminated so far). Historically it has been a top 20, and the ballroomers always seem to be gone within the first 5-7 eliminations. I should probably confirm that with actual data, but I don't think a ballroomer has ever made it to the top 3-5, for example.

IndyLady

Mr4s has already answered, but I agree as I would say that Kiki does not have the look nor the personality/charisma. I'm a little surprised he made top 10. I'm willing to be proven wrong though, especially since the bottom 3 this week included two of my favorites and people I actually thought would go relatively far.

Hopefully this is not a spoiler but one of the ballroomers (Taylor) was eliminated last week.

j_alexandra

Kiki. Last night's show. Deeply surprising; I never knew he had that kind of showmanship in him. Plus, the camera loves him. Plus, he even managed the hip hop pretty well. Plus, he has great teeth. Plus, with those nerdy/chic glasses, he doesn't seem like an arrogant creep. I've got my hope on. And I've never watched this show before, loathe "reality" television, can't stomach DWTS etc.

(full disclosure: friend of the family)

IndyLady

Mr4s has already answered, but I agree as I would say that Kiki does not have the look nor the personality/charisma. I'm a little surprised he made top 10. I'm willing to be proven wrong though, especially since the bottom 3 this week included two of my favorites and people I actually thought would go relatively far.
Kiki. Last night's show. Deeply surprising; I never knew he had that kind of showmanship in him. Plus, the camera loves him. Plus, he even managed the hip hop pretty well. Plus, he has great teeth. Plus, with those nerdy/chic glasses, he doesn't seem like an arrogant creep. I've got my hope on. And I've never watched this show before, loathe "reality" television, can't stomach DWTS etc.

(full disclosure: friend of the family)
Just want to say... I am pleasantly surprised to have been wrong. tbh, I don't get what the draw is - he doesn't have that "it" factor for me, but I'm thrilled to see a ballroom dancer in the finals. (FWIW I'm only halfway through Monday's episode on my DVR, in case these comments seem out of date).

Purr

So happy thought...hope to go dancing tonight...first time in a couple of weeks since I sprained my little toe...the base of the toe is still a little sore, so I'll probably tape the toe to its neighbor before I go out...won't know how it goes until I try, and I am tired of not dancing...

Purr

Also happy thought...I am nearing the end of physical therapy for another injury (not the toe)...physical therapist knows of my intention to go dancing...again, won't know how it goes until I try...

Dance Ads