Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Yeah, surgeon said it had probably been torn for a while (actually, it was shredded) but I fell dancing some smooth last October and messed it up to the point of pain. Luckily I had a couple of months to work with a trainer to make the knee strong prior to the surgery, hence the quick recovery (and no pain!!!)
Random and Happy - need to eat more calcium but am dairy free, so I am experimenting making cheesecake. It turns out its more like icecream - using tofu, coconut cream, gelatin and various flavourings. The first one (using a raspberry jelly) was really nice and I ate it all in a day:jawdrop: the current one is chocolate. It isn't quite set yet but it makes a nice milkshake:hungry: I wonder if it will make it to icecream.... I don't much like tofu, but like this, well, I've changed my view. I'll beat this osteoporosis yet.
No kidding. It was 5 F here yesterday morning. That's nuts for Alabama.
And in NZ we are currently having some sort of weird heat wave thing, where our night time temperatures are beating our records for hot. Something to do with the ocean being warm, so we don't get our usual cool southerly wind...... hence I am making icecream and cheesecake while you guys are probably wanting something a bit warmer!
More research shows that here (USA), Chinese gooseberry is what Actinidia deliciosa was called before it's name was changed to kiwi fruit. It might remain a mystery for a while.
It was wiki that said it was known as Chinese gooseberry. I agree with you, that maybe they are muddling up the two. kiwi fruit look like an egg shaped Kiwi without the legs and beak. Green inside with black pips. They ripen later, during May. Nice too, but personally I like the feijoa better.
I wonder what you guys grow that I've not heard of???
Even more research shows that it is available here and apparently even grown here (California). It can be ordered online as well.

I doubt that there is anything that originates here that you wouldn't have, but I suppose it's possible that there is produce that originated in South America that we have that you do not.

Dance Ads