Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

samina

thanks luce! very cool thing... interviewed for one position but they hired me for something much more senior... will be grooming me to take over my supervisor's position as head of the department when he retires soon. will start off managing projects for them for two different pharma companies, working part of the time in PA and part of the time in Manhattan... and will be mentoring their more junior staff. really, quite an awesome opportunity. interviews must've gone well, i think. lol...

Gotta love my brother.

We don't speak often, but now and again he'll call me (always at work) for little or no reason at all. Well, he called yesterday. Reason: to try and convince me to go on vacation with him to Dubai. Why? Why not! There's a new hotel there that he's seen pics of and wants to stay in. I asked if he was paying for my trip--he said no. (Damn! Otherwise, I'd have gone in an instant.) Last time he called like this it was try try and convince me to take a trip with him to Amman. (He wouldn't pay for that one, either.)
Is it the Burj Al Arab hotel? With rooms starting at $1,000/night, I'd hope they have an hourly rate. ;)

Peaches

thanks luce! very cool thing... interviewed for one position but they hired me for something much more senior... will be grooming me to take over my supervisor's position as head of the department when he retires soon. will start off managing projects for them for two different pharma companies, working part of the time in PA and part of the time in Manhattan... and will be mentoring their more junior staff. really, quite an awesome opportunity. interviews must've gone well, i think. lol...
best of all... money will be available for competing regularly...
Congratulations, Sam!!!!

EXCELLENT!!! Sounds like this is an employee position rather than a contract position.

best of all... money will be available for competing regularly...
That's the best part!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

samina

it was originally going to be a direct employee situation (my first), but because they're bringing me in at a senior level we decided to ease into first -- try each other out for six months. less risk on both sides. and better for me financially that way... :D

all happened so easily... am quite tickled. really good company... solid, dependable, well-respected, and they know their stuff.

of course, i'm already penciling comps into my calendar... heh.
decided this morning to go to vegas in december for the holiday classic... very psyched!!! :D :D

Cool!

My pro & I are doing our new showcase at the Nov. 9 FADS competition up in Mahwah. After that we'll planning on entering more in March at Atlantic City. I just need to decide if I want to compete Standard or Smooth or both in March. :wink:

For me, it's more than money. Can I get competition ready in both standard and smooth plus my showcase with only 1 lesson a week by March. I'm not sure when I'd fit another lesson in each week to make it 2 so, I also have time constraints. But, I'm sure I'll figure it out... :wink:

Dance Ads