how dancing shapes a boy into a man

Purr

fascination said:
gotcha...not relevant for me anyway...but gotcha...and mostly agree...but I will bet that a few of them measure up;)
I agree.

One thing I was thinking, that it's always something of a risk to meet someone in person that you've first met online. You might have an expectation of someone, and that person turns out to be someone completely different. I'm sure a number of people on this board will be coming to town in November. While I'll be around watching the competition, I'd prefer to remain anonymous.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Purr said:
I agree.

One thing I was thinking, that it's always something of a risk to meet someone in person that you've first met online. You might have an expectation of someone, and that person turns out to be someone completely different. I'm sure a number of people on this board will be coming to town in November. While I'll be around watching the competition, I'd prefer to remain anonymous.
there is no doubt in my mind that you are right...and actually, I will be in town and I will take the risk but I also understand the consequences:rolleyes:

Purr

fascination said:
there is no doubt in my mind that you are right...and actually, I will be in town and I will take the risk but I also understand the consequences:rolleyes:
You are a braver soul than me.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
nah, prolly just dumber but here's the thing...for me alot of what matters in life is relationship...and I can't be in them if I don't make myself vulnerable...everyone is different...I am just social by nature...in case that had eluded you...lol...sometimes that means pain and disillusionment sometimes it means joy....

Purr

fascination said:
...sometimes that means pain and disillusionment sometimes it means joy....
I know what you mean. But having too much of the former and not a whole lot of the latter makes it difficult to step out of the safe little world I know.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Purr said:
I know what you mean. But having too much of the former and not a whole lot of the latter makes it difficult to step out of the safe little world I know.
agree...and if I can figure out another way to avoid the former other than isolation or some major personality transplant that I doubt I am capable of, I'll be sure to send you the instruction manual

Purr said:
I agree.

That happened to one of my x boyfriend's once! It was hilarious! I about died when he told me what happened to him lol. And to me if I were to meet someone from here at a competition, and they turn out to be different etc., then it's like oh well. They must have had their reasons not to want to say the truth, and I won't let it affect me any. No biggie. Life goes on whether we want it to or not. ;)

fascination said:
nah, prolly just dumber but here's the thing...for me alot of what matters in life is relationship...and I can't be in them if I don't make myself vulnerable...everyone is different...I am just social by nature...in case that had eluded you...lol...sometimes that means pain and disillusionment sometimes it means joy....
That is very well stated! And to me it's like if you keep your mind closed all of the time after having it been hurt (and when you get to our age, you have been hurt plenty), then you won't have any friends at all. I think that life is too short for that. And we are human after all. We are supposed to feel everything that you have stated, so yes... I very much agree! ;)

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
how about if I just remind everyone of the topic? OP asked: how (I might add, if at all) does dancing shape one from a boy to a man?...and let me say, after a certain amount of thought that IMO...folks will stagnate or grow in any endeavor according to their desire

fascination said:
how about if I just remind everyone of the topic? OP asked: how (I might add, if at all) does dancing shape one from a boy to a man?...and let me say, after a certain amount of thought that IMO...folks will stagnate or grow in any endeavor according to their desire
i don't know. it seemed like the OP just wanted to just make fun of men in general and have a good laugh ;) i'm just complaining that the laughter seems to have died now.. :rolleyes:

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
well I think its a very good idea if we not speculate on that in public regardless of what we know...it gets messy...thats why we have pms and ignore buttons and stuff like that...hug

Dance Ads