How Did You Choose Your User Name for Dance Forums?

There are so many interesting user names here in Dance Forums! (And there are new ones every single day!)

Just curious:

How did you choose your user name (aka alias) that you use in this wonderful place? Is there a story or some other interesting bit behind it?

Also: is there a user name of someone else that you have found particularly interesting or intriguing to you?

As we can only have one user name per the rules, it becomes a strong part of your DF identity and persona, does it not?

Again, just curious! Have a great day!!!

:bouncy:

To waltzgirl

waltzgirl, your user name appeals to me directly, as Waltz is a favorite dance.

I wish that my user name was more interesting. But so it goes!

:p

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
My dance partner at the time made me promise to never say anything on the forum that I would not say up close and in person. Using my real name keeps me honest...

Kits

My old Friends from another forum awhile ago used to call me :kits: instead of my actual sn. I liked it and decided to keep it! :) Its like half of kitten or Kitty. and I love kitties =^^=

sambanada

Samba is my favorite dance. Nada was my grandmother's name (actual name was Nadzieja). She died many years ago. She is my angel, who I miss very much.

I have been blessed with a unique name. Married into it. So far I have never had to add a number or had an application say I couldn't use it. Considering the fact that I have to write everything down in order to remember it... Google my name and everything I've done on line comes up. It's kind of fun.

Nybz

NYBZ was created years ago(1993/1994?) for me by my brother... obviously for other uses than DF, heh, seeing how it took over 15 years for me to find DF since I got the name. It's a combination of NY for New York, and my initials.

And for those I haven't met in person and still wonder how I pronounce my own username, I do N-Y-B-Z, sounding out each letter, as opposed to what I've heard as Nibz

To Nybz...

NYBZ was created years ago(1993/1994?) for me by my brother... obviously for other uses than DF, heh, seeing how it took over 15 years for me to find DF since I got the name. It's a combination of NY for New York, and my initials.

And for those I haven't met in person and still wonder how I pronounce my own username, I do N-Y-B-Z, sounding out each letter, as opposed to what I've heard as Nibz
Nybz, I just knew that you would be one of the DF denizens with an interesting story behind a cool user name! Cheers!!!

:cheers:

To Linda S...

I have been blessed with a unique name. Married into it. So far I have never had to add a number or had an application say I couldn't use it. Considering the fact that I have to write everything down in order to remember it... Google my name and everything I've done on line comes up. It's kind of fun.
Linda, that is definitely a very special thing, to be the one and only with your name!

:cheers:

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
as I have probably mentioned elsewhere, the nat king cole version of fascination was the first waltz I danced to at a competition...and fascination did turn to love

Dance Ads