How many romantic encounters with other dancers? Read on...

Read first post. How many encounters (as defined in first post) within past 3 years?

• 1-2

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • 3-5

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 7-10

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • over 10

• None, because no person applicable asked me out.

• None, because I did not ask any applicable person out.

• Both #5 and #6.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • None, because I will not date anyone I've met in dance class or at social dances.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, because we did not go out but kissed anyway.

• Other, because we did not go out per se, but had intimate relations.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is directed to all, whether you are single, separated, or married.

How many encounters of a romantic nature have you had with people of the opposite sex that you had met solely through either dance classes or 'social dancing' (in the context used on this site) within the past three years?

Count one romantic encounter for each person with whom you were involved to some degree. New boyfriends or girlfriends, or husbands and wives count, if you're currently married or in relationship less than two years and met through dance class or a "social dance".

Encounters of a romantic nature would include dating, or a romantic affair, and not with dancing friends just going out to dinner or dancing. unless there was kissing of a romantic nature.

Also, there must be necking, or kissing, at the least, to qualify as an encounter of a romantic nature with someone you met in class or at a 'social dance'. We're not talking merely pecks on the cheek, or kisses of 'greeting' or 'departure' but kissing someone when you mean it.

This poll is private so your identity will not be revealed to anyone, including OP.

Please feel free to comment if you have voted. That will be made 'public' as it is a contribution to the thread, so think and use your discretion if you decide to comment.

If you have not been to dance class or to a social dance as we define it, please do not vote, but also feel free to comment.

All 3 girlfriends in the last 2 years met through dancing. I think the next one needs to be from a different part of my life - at this rate, everybody on the floor would either be an ex, or an ex of an ex...

MacMoto

Oops I voted wrong... not reading the instructions carefully enough :oops:

In the first two years of dancing, I had 4 encounters that could be regarded as romantic. A few more if you count all the one-way instances (non-mutual attractions/crushes). The last one is now my husband - we married last year.

I've been with my man for almost four years now - does that mean I've had 1? 0? "encounters" in the last three years.

Oops I voted wrong... not reading the instructions carefully enough :oops:

In the first two years of dancing, I had 4 encounters that could be regarded as romantic. A few more if you count all the one-way instances (non-mutual attractions/crushes). The last one is now my husband - we married last year.

I've been with my man for almost four years now - does that mean I've had 1? 0? "encounters" in the last three years.

If those four were within the past three years, then your count would be four, plus one for your husband, if you met him from dancing, as you have been married less than two years. So it would've been five. One-way crushes do count if there's been kissing involved. So, yours may exceed five.

Or it may only have been one if you haven't romantically kissed anyone in dancing circles in the last three years excepting your current husband.

Thanks!

Necking is the act or practice of amorously kissing and caressing. A synonym might be "making out". It usually implies amorously French kissing, that sort of thing-and don't ask me to define 'French Kissing' (there's always Google). Ggeessh...you's young, boy! :cheers:

All 3 girlfriends in the last 2 years met through dancing. I think the next one needs to be from a different part of my life - at this rate, everybody on the floor would either be an ex, or an ex of an ex...
Your vote would then be three, unless you romantically kissed anyone else, other than your three GFs, in the past three years, who you'd met through dance class or social dance.

flashdance

None for me. Then again I am kind of a solo dancer. I'm more likely to get a slap in the chops than an eskimo kiss on my nose.

I tend to dance on people's toes so that probably answers your question :lol:

To clarify, I'm trying to find out how many of you have, at the very least, and within the last three years, romantically kissed a member of the opposite sex who you met in dance class or in true 'social dancing'.

('Social dance' would contain at least, say, 80% of dancers present have had lessons, and it's readily apparent. It's also likely that establishment does not serve alcohol at their socials, such as a dance studio.) I'll leave it to your discretion whether you want to include alcohol-related encounters, such as a bar, but the dancers must be part of the dance community in order to count it-not just members of the general public.

If you're married more than two years to such person or in a relationship that is more than two years old with such person who you met, as above, do not count it. That will be the subject of another poll.

I'm taking these polls because I am curious about relationships among dancers. This is not part of any study-it's my own curiousity, being new to the pursuit of serious dancing. Anyone who takes dance lessons and continues to take them is serious about dancing, IMHO. Poll participation does not depend upon the current taking of lessons, only that one be part of the dance community, which implies that they can dance well, know the steps, and impliedly have had some training.

I have another poll inquiring about one's relationship status: http://www.dance-forums.com/showthread.php?t=28554.

Please take a look at it and select best answer after reading all possible selections first.

Both polls are private and identities are not revealed. But posts are not private.

Thanks!

If you are curious about relationships among dancers, I would welcome you to hang around on DF for a few months. You'll read enough stories to give you a fair understanding of this.

Dance Ads