How Often to Take Private Lessons (weekly or every other week)?

tangotime

I probably need to be verified on this, but the franchises actually have a salsa syllabus.

They DO have a Syl. ( I even know who created it for the ISTD and IDTA ).. the Q was, is there a Medal test? .My guess. probably. I could call my Soc. and check. but it's not worth the long distance phone call charges..

As to franchises, they have had a syl. for many years. Those are normally put together by National DD .

UKDancer

The IDTA syllabus is to be found in a small book written Paul Harris (June 2007), which includes Salsa (on 1) Mambo (on 2) and some Merengue. It includes standardised charts for 20 salsa figures: five each for Beginner, Improver (Bronze), Intermediate (Silver) & Advanced (Gold). Figures 1-16 are required for the Dance Teacher's Diploma.

From what little I know of it, it is about as highly regarded as the IDTA's Argentine Tango syllabus ... You rarely see anyone appearing in the Soc magazine having passed the Diploma (and that's also true of the AT Diploma).

tangotime

The IDTA syllabus is to be found in a small book written Paul Harris (June 2007), which includes Salsa (on 1) Mambo (on 2) and some Merengue. It includes standardised charts for 20 salsa figures: five each for Beginner, Improver (Bronze), Intermediate (Silver) & Advanced (Gold). Figures 1-16 are required for the Dance Teacher's Diploma.

From what little I know of it, it is about as highly regarded as the IDTA's Argentine Tango syllabus ... You rarely see anyone appearing in the Soc magazine having passed the Diploma (and that's also true of the AT Diploma).
I bought his book on latin dances for a friend. ( Also the T/Arg one ).
The latin book , was pictorially very nicely laid out, but, could not be farther from reality.
Caveat emptor is the bye word for publications and even Vids , by some high profile Salsa " teachers ?". There are numerous ones out there, and the large majority are very poor and innacurate in detail .

I have yet to come across a single one that , has broken down in detail, the simplicity of Hold/ Frame / Posture and Pitch .

Dance Ads