How to deal with parents and public and short Latin skirts...

ssjss said:
By the, way this type of dress IMO is far better than a mini skirt.
Well I'll be selling it soon (against my will)... my teacher says it's not a "happy" color (silver, stoned with CAB)... but then when I asked him what color would be good he said "black". Go figure lol
 

Twilight_Elena

Well-Known Member
redhead said:
Well I'll be selling it soon (against my will)... my teacher says it's not a "happy" color (silver, stoned with CAB)... but then when I asked him what color would be good he said "black". Go figure lol
Black is actually in my "happy colours" list. You know what's not happy? Mauve. It's like you're bruised all over.

T_E
 
redhead said:
Well I'll be selling it soon (against my will)... my teacher says it's not a "happy" color (silver, stoned with CAB)... but then when I asked him what color would be good he said "black". Go figure lol
Oh men lol. Red, green, orange, and bronze seem to be my lucky colors lol, but that won't mean that I'm not going to try on the others if I like them lol! ;)
 
fascination said:
we must stop caring what they think...half the time they're color blind and don't have a clue
Lol! Isn't that the truth? My sister is the same way though. I asked her to come over and look at some dresses on me, and I'm like... why am I asking the least fashionable person in my family lol? :D
 

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
i have come to the conclusion that it is how I feel in the thing that influences how I dance and my confidence...so I buy what I love...and I don't ask anyone else b/c I don't want to know if they think its hideous...
 

Peaches

Well-Known Member
fascination said:
half the time they're color blind and don't have a clue

The best explanation I ever heard of guys' color-blindness was from my ex.

The way he explained it, girls see color in terms of the box of 64 Crayola colors; some girls even see more. Guys, on the other hand, see color in terms of the box of 8 Crayola colors--and they're missing a few of them.
 

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Peaches said:
The best explanation I ever heard of guys' color-blindness was from my ex.

The way he explained it, girls see color in terms of the box of 64 Crayola colors; some girls even see more. Guys, on the other hand, see color in terms of the box of 8 Crayola colors--and they're missing a few of them.
yep...see the thread I bumped in fun stuff on guys that vince posted...hysterical:''pumpkin is not a color, neither is peach, and we don't even know what the hell mauve is..."lol
 

Twilight_Elena

Well-Known Member
fascination said:
yep...see the thread I bumped in fun stuff on guys that vince posted...hysterical:''pumpkin is not a color, neither is peach, and we don't even know what the hell mauve is..."lol
That's cute, because I posted 4-5 posts above that mauve is a bad colour for costumes. Now I realise that maybe it's not such an obvious choice of words. :rolleyes:

T_E
 
fascination said:
i have come to the conclusion that it is how I feel in the thing that influences how I dance and my confidence...so I buy what I love...and I don't ask anyone else b/c I don't want to know if they think its hideous...
I'm thinking more and more everyday that it is the best solution! ;)
 
Peaches said:
The best explanation I ever heard of guys' color-blindness was from my ex.

The way he explained it, girls see color in terms of the box of 64 Crayola colors; some girls even see more. Guys, on the other hand, see color in terms of the box of 8 Crayola colors--and they're missing a few of them.
Oh so true. "lavender is not a color. Lilac is not a color. I'm gonna call it all purple."
 

DWise1

Well-Known Member
redhead said:
Oh so true. "lavender is not a color. Lilac is not a color. I'm gonna call it all purple."
Give us a color wheel and sufficient lighting and we can identify lavender, lilac, and mauve. Even fuchsia [or is that a plant?]. Or we wouldn't need a color wheel if such subtle differences of color were important to us (eg, if our job or hobby required such color discrimination of us).

A similar thing happened last week. A Japanese women refered to a green dance workshop flyer as "blue". Took me a second to remember that Japanese does not distinguish between those two colors, though I think that they have compound words for "sea-green/blue" and "sky-green/blue".

------------------------------------------------
When men go through a mid-life crisis, they get a sports car. Women get a divorce. It's a whole different way of thinking.
 
DWise1 said:
... Japanese does not distinguish between those two colors, though I think that they have compound words for "sea-green/blue" and "sky-green/blue".
Ooh, my husband must be Japanese :) Or he just doesn't care.
(no he isn't colorblind, they tested him at his job)
 

Lioness

Well-Known Member
I'm glad my parents aren't so bad as the OP's, but my dad is still a little hesitant. He doesn't like my partner touching me in 'that way'. The fact that my partner is also my boyfriend, and that we are both 17 seems to have escaped him. And we've never let him see any more than waltz and cha cha, either. I doubt he'd be supportive of a latin costume ("L, that sort of dress is not appropriate. It could cause men to look at you")

I'm sure he'll learn to ignore it. He also doesn't like me changing at BF's place (in his sister's room) or generally spending time wit him.
 

Dance Ads