Hustle Workshop in Nyack, New York

Bailamosdance

WoW! I never thought this would be a issue!

Up here in the boonies, there is a problem with getting men to group classes. It's a cycle - women show up, see too few men, don't come next time. I was hoping that this would at least get men to the classes - and it HAS worked - we are almost even men and women.

Any thoughts on this? I certainly understand the conflict - but I was thinking more along the lines of ladies free before 10pm in a club, or something like that.

How about $15 for followers, $5 for leaders?

WoW! I never thought this would be a issue!

Up here in the boonies, there is a problem with getting men to group classes. It's a cycle - women show up, see too few men, don't come next time. I was hoping that this would at least get men to the classes - and it HAS worked - we are almost even men and women.

Any thoughts on this? I certainly understand the conflict - but I was thinking more along the lines of ladies free before 10pm in a club, or something like that.

How about $15 for followers, $5 for leaders?
Is the matter of $10 really significant enough to bring more men? And the women didn't complain about the discrimination in the price? I'm surprised.

Personally, I had more of a problem with it being hustle than the $10 difference. No offense to those that love hustle, just not my thing ;)

Bailamosdance

I dunno if the diff in price is an issue but I am thinking that a few more weeks can go by and then I'll raise the price and see.

I am hoping to expand into Int'l Latin or Int'l Standard in September...

and123

I can see offering a lower rate to *couples* versus singles, but different prices based on sex or roles bugs me. I do understand the problem though. It's quite annoying to attend a class with 20 women and 2 men and barely get a chance to dance at all unless you're willing to switch roles.

Dance Ads