I am currently listening to ...

"Pura Novela" by Willie Colon from the Los Gigantes album.

Had to restart it a few times just to get to 1:46 as the song goes into pure mambo bliss. ahhh

Pacion said:
What CD/album are you currently listening to, not necessarily at this exact moment in time :lol: but what you either last listened to or will put on as soon as you get home, in the car, or get the headphones for your portable [insert name] out? :D
A whole lot of hardcore, hard-to-find salsa/mambo from various sources, including CDs from San Juan and Spanish Harlem, and albums from Palladium dancers and music from my trips to Cuba that were tranfered to MP3.

This very surprising orchestral "Danzon No. 2" by Arturo Marquez, on the album, "Danzon", done by the Simon Bolivar Symphony Orchestra. It has a really strong 3/2 clave, and a sweeping, dramatic orchestral melodic tapestry. Never heard anything like it. Found it purely by accident in my mom's CD collection. She didn't even know what it was.

Oh, and The Buena Vista Social Club's Omara Portuondo, on a self-titled album. Most of the songs on it are cha-cha-cha, and it's all fabulous.

thespina13 said:
Oh, and The Buena Vista Social Club's Omara Portuondo, on a self-titled album. Most of the songs on it are cha-cha-cha, and it's all fabulous.
I play the "Donde Estabas Tu" cha-cha/guajira from that CD at our socials regularly... :)

LoL... I am currently singing that particular song over and over and can't stop. And then I read this. Weird ;)

Don-DE-e... dond'estabas tU-uu... while eating red corn tortilla chips and salsa. Ha.

oh, this is easy!!

Heavy Salsa by La Sonora Carruseles (Colombia)

Back to the Mambo/Tribute to Machito by Jose Alberto "El Canario"

Wayne Gorbea y Salsa Picante - Saboreando.. Salsa Dura en el Bronx

How is it called when you listen to a song, then play it again, then again... then again... and then again, again and again... Sometimes I just can't get enough of the cowbells...

Latest craze:

Ray Barretto - Don Lengua
(I used to think this song was slow and boring, now I savor every note)

Wayne Gorbea - Pa' Puerto Rico

Wayne Gorbea - Estamos Chao
(I'm looking for creative ways to cut the song down from around 9 minutes to about 4-5 in order to play it at socials). Eddie Palmieri has his own version which I currently play but I like Wayne's more and also the quality of the recording that I have is much better.

Hey all. I am looking for that rare Mickey Cora y su orquestra CD. especially the "todo ha cambiado" song. have not found it anywhere in 20 years. can anyone help? thanks

Dance Ads