I am currently listening to ...

tj

car cd

I know I've heard Hoy Tenemos before (maybe a different version? not sure), and a couple of the other songs sound like a new version of songs that I've heard.

How do you go about finding albums? Lately, I've been surfing salsa DJ's and seeing what's on their playlists.

excellent -- :p tj is this question posed because you are busy burning me that CD?!

Sagitta

catalina cd by zona roja. I'm buying another cd of this oldie latin band...I could put this music on and my parents could be sedude. Then I change it a bit...and a bit more...and before they know it latin full blast.

Sagitta

Been listening to the Beginners Guide to Salsa. It's pretty good. :)

Anyone know if I can get a rebate from Amazon if they drop their prices after you buy it?
hmmm....don't stick to amazon only. Check out half.com and ebay. I've sometimes got a better deal at one of the other two. These three are the ones that I always use to do a quick comparison as standard practice.

tj

hmmm....don't stick to amazon only. Check out half.com and ebay. I've sometimes got a better deal at one of the other two. These three are the ones that I always use to do a quick comparison as standard practice.
Um, not my question at all, but thanks anyway.

tj

Anyone see any good salsa mp3's on Amazon downloads? Looking thru it right now. I see Sonora Carruseles's Heavy Salsa album (which I already own) which has some good songs on it. It's also got El Cantante - the Originals by Hector Lavoe.

It so happens I decided to pull out a CD that a friend had made me for a barbecue/salsa party I had over the Summer. I guess I didn't really take the time to LISTEN to the music during my party...I didn't realize what good taste my fellow salsero had...

Most of the songs I was not previously familiar with, and as I listened to them a few times again, I was like OH MY GOD!!! SO many good songs:

Tremendo Problema - Conjunto Imagen

Chachareo - Roberto Torres

Me Quiere Dominar - Conjunto Imagen

Campana Tipico - Jose Manguall

Papaupa - Quinto Mayor

and two of my new faves.....

No Te Desprecio - Victor Manuelle

Estas Equivocado - Roberto Roena

Dance Ads