I am currently listening to ...

Morning news- floods in Japan amidst a heatwave, slugger Matsui & the All-star game, retirement fund problems, etc...I'm feelin' fine as my second cup o' THICK java just kicked in! :lol:

ino said:
A Song I'm Currently listening to is "Welcome to the Party" by: the Har-You Percussion Group thx to Wazymollo :banana:

As far as CDs go I'm also listening to "Un Gran Dia en el Barrio" by the Spanish Harlem Orchestra :D Great album!! Go out and buy this one if u don't already have it :banana:
You will like "Barretts Bag" also from HYPG that sounds pretty close to "Welcome to the Party" :D !

I'm also listening to the new SHO, especially the great "Tun Tun Suena El Tambo" and "Maestro De Rumberos".

Sagitta

CD "A Toda Cuba le Gusta" by Afro-Cuban All Stars. Good muisc, plus the different genres, such as son, son montuno, guajira-son...are listed!! :banana: Got to find more muisc like this so that I at lesat can start to identify the various song types.

Sagitta said:
CD "A Toda Cuba le Gusta" by Afro-Cuban All Stars.
:oops: Ooooh! Please tell me that the CD was awful. :cry: They played in London tonight and I didn't go. Had something else on. Please don't tell me I missed an experience of a lifetime. Ooooh the shame!

Can anyone say "Drama Queen"? :roll: :lol:

Sagitta

Pacion said:
Sagitta said:
CD "A Toda Cuba le Gusta" by Afro-Cuban All Stars.
:oops: Ooooh! Please tell me that the CD was awful. :cry: They played in London tonight and I didn't go. Had something else on. Please don't tell me I missed an experience of a lifetime. Ooooh the shame!

Can anyone say "Drama Queen"? :roll: :lol:
I am all mum!! Mums' the word. Sealed lips speak no lie!

The repeated echoing of things at my first night of Summer Band.

Most specifically, the first 32 counts (and steps!) of "Children of Sanchez" by Chuck Mangionne (sp?! :? ). Great song! Gotta love it! Right now, Troy State's Band plays it waaaaaaay better though... :lol: :oops: :lol: (I bet they always will!)

8) Band Geeks rule! :twisted:

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

cocodrilo said:
delamusica said:
Ozomatli! Just got their "street signs" cd. :)
How is it? Love that group. Have one of their CDs. Saw them live in Cabo San Lucas 2 years ago at a huge beach festival/party! :D
It's great. :) There are a couple of tracks on it that sound a lot more influenced by Indian/Middle eastern music than their stuff that I've heard before, which is pretty cool.

I got to see them live a couple of years ago as well - at a small venue in Fort Collins, Colorado that's nestled at the bottom of a beautiful canyon . . . that show was also pretty much just a big party - they rock!

Dance Ads