"I Can Dance; 4 Stories"

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
A few years ago I was interviewed for a very small dvd that was being printed and inserted into a book, written by a pro-am gal named Lydia, called I Can Dance. It was about her experiences in the ballroom world.

After I was interviewed the producers and editors decided to expand the video and make a whole movie, called I Can Dance; Four Stories. There were 4 people chosen to be featured in this documentary. Myself, John Nymcheck, Lydia, and a cute very old pro-am woman named Matilda. My portion of the documentary focused on my move to Boston, my pro-am championship work with Cantski, as well as my work with the MIT Ballroom Team.

The documentary was made and then the movie stalled. And stalled. And stalled. However, now, some 2 years later PBS is picking up the movie and it will be broadcast starting this November. NH PBS will be starting and then it will move out from there. When I get the dates and times I will post them here.

Last edited:

j_alexandra

Glad to hear it's actually happening, not just gone into the graveyard of great ideas. I didn't hear anything about it for so long, thought it was dust. Can't wait to see it.

CANI

This is very exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing it (hopefully it will eventually be on DVDs in the library system since I don't have TV!).

GGinrhinestones

This is very exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing it (hopefully it will eventually be on DVDs in the library system since I don't have TV!).
I don't have TV either...but PBS can usually be downloaded or streamed live, for free, from their website. Or on their iPhone app. Options!

smidra86

I'm assuming Boston PBS will broadcast it too? Because that sounds fantastic. Any movie about ballroom or dancing in general is fantastic. Please definitely let us know/keep us updated.

it was on in NH last night! my dad called me and was like "hey, guess what I'm watching?". of course, the place i left airs it first XD
after watching it, my parents have decided to take up dance lessons again!

Spitfire

it was on in NH last night! my dad called me and was like "hey, guess what I'm watching?". of course, the place i left airs it first XD
after watching it, my parents have decided to take up dance lessons again!
Oh darn, I missed it!

Good for your parents BreAna.

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
Whitechacha said:
Airing again on 11/28 at 8PM, and 11/29 at 1AM on WENH, New Hampshire Public Television. On Comcast in New England, this is Channel 11 SD, Channel 801 HD. The program is in HD.
Thanks for the heads up!

Call your local PBS station and request it. Not all are going to carry it.
I live in the Arlington, Virginia area and I called the local PBS station, and asked then if they were going to carry the documentary. She said that they don't have it listed-and they may not have the rights. However, she stated that there were two other PBS stations in the area-one near Baltimore and one at Howard University, and I could check with them. I called and got no answer. Maybe someone else knows if and when some of these stations might be showing the documentary. You would think that there would be a website that would show the dates and stations where the documentary would be shown-as I am sure many others would like to see it.

Dance Ads