I Can't Believe I'm Doing This . . .

Vince A

Guess I have to quickly get get my butt in shape . . . have to fit into my 32 inch waisted swing pants in two months!

I had a three-hour Pro-Am lesson this past weekend - the first in over two years! Yes, I signed up for several upcoming competitions in August, September, and October . . . so far WCS, Hustle, and one Salsa event.

One good thing though . . . and for emanuela who is "quitting" for a year (in another thread) . . . take note. My Pro said that I had dramatically improved in the two years that I took off from competition. She says the social dancing has helped to loosen me up, and that "my lead was very, very good" - her words, not mine. So, emanuela, definitely keep the social dancing up as much as you can.

I can't believe I'm going to do this . . . AGAIN!

Medira

Hehehe! That's great to hear!

How far do you have to go, Vince? If you need exercise suggestions, let me know. I used to be a personal trainer.

DF doesn't like me today. It deleted my reply.

Anyway, a break certainly can make a world of difference. Even small breaks like a month away can change your dancing and bring you up to that next plateau.

Good luck with the competitions. Which ones are you planning on going to?

And I hear Lindsay Lohan has an amazing quick diet....... :roll:

I found a break worked wonders for me. It was like jumping two plateau levels in one shot.

I took two months off from social dancing and classes. The only dancing I did was a weekend at Reno Dance Sensation and two private with Hazel Mede-Ulrich. When I final came back to the local social scene...wow, such a difference. My old instructor got a dance in with me one night and was amazed at how much I had progressed. It would have been nice to photograph some faces that first night back.

I believe the Hazel got a few compliments one night to on helping me come along.

Vince A

Medira said:
Hehehe! That's great to hear!
That's easy for you to say . . .

Medira said:
How far do you have to go, Vince? If you need exercise suggestions, let me know. I used to be a personal trainer.
I'm a tight 34 right now . . . so, two+ belt notches . . . maybe 15-20 pounds.

I've started running in the early morning (everyday) . . . well, run, walk, run, get oxygen . . . then a very light (staying under 150 pounds) weightlifting full-body workout (every other day) . . . crunches (everyday).

Finally, really watching what I eat . . . absolutely no white flour or sugar products, nor foods with a lot of fat . . . more fruits and veggies . . . little or no meat products (not sure about the proteins with this though).

Am I on the correct track for safely crashing the weight and size?

Thanks for the offer to help.

Vince

Vince A

leftfeetnyc said:
Good luck with the competitions. Which ones are you planning on going to?

And I hear Lindsay Lohan has an amazing quick diet....... :roll:
Thanks . . .

I know we scheduled 7 comps . . . one in Carefree, Arizona, one in Dallas, Texas, one in San Jose, CA, and one in San Diego, CA . . . can't recall the other three! Maybe it's Portland, Albuequerque, and . . .?

I heard that yesterday about Lindsay Lohan . . . I was flipping channels, and saw something on her, and of course, I watched it for a few minutes.

chachachacat

I really admire you for competing and all that it entails physically, at your age! It's inspiring to us older folks! :wink: You, go, Vince!

I actually picked up my hand weights yesterday, and did a little lifting, a good ab workout, and some leg lifts...first time in years! I'm going to get my dancer's body and strength back, too! :banana:

Vince A

chachachacat said:
I really admire you for competing and all that it entails physically, at your age! It's inspiring to us older folks! :wink: You, go, Vince!
Why thank you . . . I'll make you all proud . . . I won't concern myself with winning or placing . . . just showing up and getting through it, will be enough for my frail ego! Yea, right, it's kick a$$ time!

chachachacat said:
I actually picked up my hand weights yesterday, and did a little lifting, a good ab workout, and some leg lifts...first time in years! I'm going to get my dancer's body and strength back, too! :banana:
Good for you. Are you going to get back into this dancing stuff??? Going out and all?

I had a three-and-a-half hour band practice yesterday. I did some lifting too! I had a six pack of Henekein, and lifted everyone of those suckers to my mouth . . . blew everything that I worked so hard to get rid of the week before . . . DRATS! But I always love band practice. Love making the music that eveyone else dances to.

I looked at my freeweights this weekend. Then I went back to eating my pint of ice cream.

Vince....Dallas Dance? Say you're going to Dallas Dance! It's going to be my first time to Texas short of a layover once.

Vince A

chachachacat said:
Vince A said:
Good for you. Are you going to get back into this dancing stuff??? Going out and all?
Yes, my plan is to be going out dancing very soon!
:D
I've been waiting to hear that from you . . . 'bout time . . . we can knock 'em dead together . . . deal?

Vince A

leftfeetnyc said:
I looked at my freeweights this weekend. Then I went back to eating my pint of ice cream.
You sound like you did my kind of workout this weekend???

leftfeetnyc said:
Vince....Dallas Dance? Say you're going to Dallas Dance! It's going to be my first time to Texas short of a layover once.
I believe that is the name of it . . . on Nov 4th???

Vince A

pygmalion said:
Good luck Vince. Not sure why, but I always thought you'd go back to competing Pro-am. You're gonna knock em dead. 8) :D
Thank you.

Guess I got tired of Care being the famous one at every event that we go to . . . I'm jealous . . . I want just teensy piece of the limelight. I'm known as Mr. Carolyn . . . J/K!

Besides, we might as well go broke having fun together while dancing . . .

leftfeetnyc said:

We're goint Too! Look for the awkward one! :lol:

Dance Ads