I don't want a relationship. I don't need a relationship.

mamboqueen

Congrats, dw1! I wish you were closer to the front of the picture than the back (and admittedly, I'm more a navy gal than khakhi...). YOu won't be going overseas, though, will you?

DWise1

mamboqueen said:
Congrats, dw1! I wish you were closer to the front of the picture than the back (and admittedly, I'm more a navy gal than khakhi...). YOu won't be going overseas, though, will you?
Actually, I will be going to sea next month. But not haze-gray. Dance cruise to Acapulco.

Boynextdoor said:
Okay, I gotta say something...

This entire thing was amazing to read. It started out kind of cool, then it got funny, then touching/inspiring, then it all started blending together.

It's beautiful how everyone seems so nice and supportive. (Unlike some of the nasty people on ballroomdancers.com!!!) I haven't been able to see so many nice people in one place since the last time I saw one of those obnoxious "feel good" movies.

You all seem so very kind. It's very heart warming
Thanks, Boynextdoor! Glad you like us! :cool:

Rosa :)

DWise1

Swingolder said:
Wow, way to go! It will be interesting to see how that goes for you!
It'll be my first cruise -- x2b was always too susceptible to sea-sickness. I've asked the others to be gentle, but they just keep grinning and saying gleefully, "Cruise virgin!"

DancePoet

DWise1 said:
But, oh man, don't it just hurt when the girls pronounce you "safe"? "You don't have to worry about Dave. He's safe." I hate when that happens.

Safe is a curse. If a girl calls you safe, extreme measures are required ... immediately. You don't want to be considered safe. Nope. No way.
pygmalion said:
Safe is a curse. If a girl calls you safe, extreme measures are required ... immediately. You don't want to be considered safe. Nope. No way.
Actually one of the first things a woman decides, conciously or unconciously, is whether or not they feel secure with a guy. If they don't, they won't date him. ;)

DancePoet

lynn said:
what's wrong with safe ??

i don't think every woman falls for the "bad boy" type...
tacad said:
And the truth is that these are not the only types out there. But this reminds me of the end of Bridgette Jones' Diary. Mr. Darcy kisses Ms. Jones. Ms. Jones says, "Wait a minute. Nice men don't kiss like that." Mr. Darcy replies, "Oh yes they [expletive] do." Some guy in the theater gave a fist pump and an enthusiastic "Yes!" at that point.
:lol:

DancePoet

bewitched said:
I don't get it. First of all, why is there all this good boy vs. bad boy comparison? It sounds like bad boys are viewed as "exciting" & good boys seen as "boring". I really don't believe in that. If you're boring you're boring & not necessarily "good". There are good guys out there that are fun, exciting & won't drag you down like bad boys can with their trouble.

Relationships take enough effort. Why spend time and energy on a relationship, involving a bad boy that may get you nowhere? Unless of course it's an exciting, difficult & turbulant relationship, that's going nowhere healthy, that you want. A bad boy is considered bad, because he's not good for you. So, if you want a long term healthy relationship, go for the good, but not boring, guy.......and if you want to experience risk & a short term thrill then the bad boy is the one to choose.
Real good guy's aren't boring, otherwise they're bad. There are many different kinds of good and bad. You can pick which good you want, and avoid the bad, and this way life can be interesting and good. ;)

Hey! Why no chatter about good vs. bad girls hmmmmmm?
Same here. :lol:

DancePoet

lynn said:
actually, i DON'T listen to mom's advice - that's the problem ! Falling and acting on it are entirely separate things - i may fall for the wrong type, but @ least i have enough self-control to not do anything foolish - which may or may not be a good thing....
pygmalion said:
No! You're too young to be sensible. :lol: What the heck are you going to tell your kids when you're old? "I was sensible, so I don't have any fun and reckless stories to tell?" No. Your youth is the time to do fun and stupid things, IMO. Do something!
Don't need to be reckless to have fun. ;) :D :raisebro:

fascination said:
and if they arent prone to boredom or at least they need to know how to manage it;)
Safe men are NOT necessarily boring. And neither are women who prefer a safe man.

I have worked with too many younger girls (students)/or younger coworkers and they would come in after crying all night because of a fight. Or even calling in sick because their guy didn't come home until whenever in the morning. Or the break-up!
I prefer being me than them.

Dance Ads