If you could dance with any "famous" salsero/a

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
salsero-Romania said:
still, gotta confess i'm impressed SOMEONE KNOWS the difference between Budapest and Bucharest... and this is not a joke!
I'd hope I'd know the difference . . . especially seeing as I've been to one of them! (Budapest in 1995 for any enquiring minds [a.k.a. Pacion])

SDsalsaguy said:
I'd hope I'd know the difference . . . especially seeing as I've been to one of them! (Budapest in 1995 for any enquiring minds [a.k.a. Pacion])
:bouncy: I love learning new things :lol:

scorpionguy said:
Anyone have a private jet? Hmm, Melbourne, England, and now Romania! We need to find one good meeting place for all the DF Salsa folks...hmm...must research! :D
Ah, how come Portugal isn´t on the tour list? :cry: It´s close to England... We can offer Port wine, sun and sandy beaches. :lol:

Vince A

SDsalsaguy said:
Vince A said:
DITTO . . . without a doubt, SD is the one I'd want to dance with . . .
Thanks Vince, and nothing personal, but I'd rather keep dancing with your wife! :tongue: (We'll make a full fledged salsera out of her yet!!! :twisted:)

Seriously though, I hope the few salsa pointers I gave you this past weekend were helpful.
I know, I know . . . my follow is just a bit weak!

She really likes Salsa now . . . thanks to you! And thanks to you, I have to learn more of it!!!! :wink:

She is already looking up places where she can take more and more lessons . . . not sure if she needs them as she does follow well, but I think she needs the styling stuff, maybe? Suggestions???

Those pointers you gave me? We've worked on them twice now so I wouldn't forget them, and we plan on dancing the weekend away practicing the stuff you gave and the stuff I got at my privates with Robert Campos and those new "Troy Dean" moves. Those moves are so hot! No one around here does them . . . we'll be the first, along with Robert!

I don't know ladies, I've seen Alex di Silva dance, and with what's her name liz lira, a pro is not necessarily the best dancer, the best dancer is the one that makes you feel good about dancing and dances with you not with everyone who's watching. the music tells you what to do, the dancer who can transfer the music into body movement and make you feel it and have it enter inside you is the best dancer, and for all I care, that could be a, heaven forbid, beginner or inetrmediate!!!

Pacion

:oops: Sabor

=> me :ladiesma: <= me again, after I have run round to the other side :lol: and I guess that is you in the middle, with a big grin on your face :lol:

:lol: .. wow! u could be in 2 places at the same time huh :lol: .. now thats faaast!.. i bet u do some wicked shines aye :wink:

tj

Gregorio said:
I don't know ladies, I've seen Alex di Silva dance, and with what's her name liz lira, a pro is not necessarily the best dancer, the best dancer is the one that makes you feel good about dancing and dances with you not with everyone who's watching. the music tells you what to do, the dancer who can transfer the music into body movement and make you feel it and have it enter inside you is the best dancer, and for all I care, that could be a, heaven forbid, beginner or inetrmediate!!!
Welcome to DF, Gregorio.

I totally agree with the sentiment of what you're saying - I find connection to be so much more enjoyable and fulfilling versus how "big of a name" dancer, one's partner is.

And on a side note, as someone who has met and danced with Liz Lira, I do want to say that she's one of the nicest, most down-to-earth "salsa celebrities" that I've ever met.

tj

MapleLeaf Salsero said:
scorpionguy said:
Anyone have a private jet? Hmm, Melbourne, England, and now Romania! We need to find one good meeting place for all the DF Salsa folks...hmm...must research! :D
Ah, how come Portugal isn´t on the tour list? :cry: It´s close to England... We can offer Port wine, sun and sandy beaches. :lol:
As soon as we get the private jet, I'll be there!
:wink:

Twilight_Elena

Since I'm a modest sort of girl ( :p ), I'd never dare to dance with someone well known or anything. I am very, very tiny.
So I'd have to say... my salsa teacher :D , who is such an amazing lead I don't really understand how I'm doing the steps I'm doing; they sort of... happen! He doesn't dance with students very often outside lessons, but we danced a merengue once and it was one of the best dances tiny little me has ever danced.
Feels like dirt on dancing shoe heel here... :)

Twilight_Elena

tj

Twilight_Elena said:
Since I'm a modest sort of girl ( :p ), I'd never dare to dance with someone well known or anything. I am very, very tiny.
So I'd have to say... my salsa teacher :D , who is such an amazing lead I don't really understand how I'm doing the steps I'm doing; they sort of... happen! He doesn't dance with students very often outside lessons, but we danced a merengue once and it was one of the best dances tiny little me has ever danced.
Feels like dirt on dancing shoe heel here... :)

Twilight_Elena
Welcome to DF, Twilight_Elena!

It's refreshing to hear you say things like this, since I've heard the opposite so very often.

Dance Ads