Important Dance Forums Achievements

On September 17, 2012 Dance Forums will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the site. A little after that Dance Forums will pass 1 million posts. Thanks everyone for being a part of the site!

:ladiesma::banana::cheers::applause:

samina

what a wonderful milestone. thank you for noting it, DM.

is there something special we can do to commemorate this anniversary, i wonder?

pygmalion

Too get to post #1,000,000 on or around September 17, there'd have to be something in the neighborhood of 950 posts per day, on average, until then. Certainly possible, and Df has sustained that posting rate in the past. Would be nice...

I've done a hundred posts a day all by myself, when I was trying to help somebody ... Lynn? DancingMommy? get to a DF goal. It's really not all that hard.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
not hard...but also not neccessarily serving a useful purpose either, IMO...we will get there..and it is certainly best done by doing so in a qualitative way...which is, IMV, what is really what I am proud of regarding DF

pygmalion

Yeah. I've known a few DFers who shall remain nameless, who posted tons of stuff that I rarely read, because I knew it was fluff and nonsense. Fewer, substantive posts win out over numbers any day of the week.

Challenge? 950 (mostly) substantive posts a day all summer. It could be done ... :wink:

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
well knock yourself out...I'd rather be dancing and gardening and stuff...I guess my take on it is that people will post someting qualitative as it comes to them in their lives...honestly, I'd hate to see anyone actively racking their brains for no particular reason in order to get us to something by some particular date...that is the whole beauty of the thing NOT being in its infancy anymore...it doesn't have to be forced..nurtured, yes...but not forced...but hey, do what suits you :)

pygmalion

Eh. I did my bit, a bunch of years ago. I will certainly make sure to be engaged this summer, and, if DF hits a million this almost fall, I'll be glad... but I have a cross country move to survive, an adolescent to hassle, my own health to care for and maybe my wedding to plan. There's only so much I can do. I'm with you. Life trumps DF every day.

I just think it would be nice if the two converged. What a celebration that could be. :-D

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
glad to hear it..., important as DF is, there is much of life and health that isn't experienced while on it...my only real point...and what makes it so rich is the natural flow and diversity of contributions...all different kinds of dancers at all different places in life...living it and then bringing something to the table here from having been out living it...I think maybe the balance makes both richer...

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
We could just stop deleting the tons of spam that come in every day...
But honestly I would rather not look at DF and see more crap just for the sake of falsely bumping numbers.

Dance Ads