Injury Support Group

Peaches

Best of luck to you. *keeping fingers crossed*

I sprained my ankle a couple of years ago, although not as badly as you, and it still doesn't feel like it used to. I probably should have gone the physical therapy route, or at least seen a doctor, but I didn't. I could kick myself.

skwiggy

geez...skwiggy...bummer...you seem to have more that your fair share of this sort of thing
Yeah. Some of it is that I'm a big clutz and some of it is just dumb luck. I hate injuries. They are so frustrating. I don't mind the pain nearly as much as I mind being unable to do the things I want to do! It's even hard to carry around my little girl because of the extra weight on my ankle. :(

More difficult to kick yourself with a bum ankle. :p (bah-dum-ching!)
LOL! It seems that you're still in good spirits, skwiggy. Best of luck recovering. Maybe you can do some things you otherwise wouldn't have time for, like reading, restoning dresses, experimenting with makeup? :)

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
LOL! It seems that you're still in good spirits, skwiggy. Best of luck recovering. Maybe you can do some things you otherwise wouldn't have time for, like reading, restoning dresses, experimenting with makeup? :)
unfortunately toddlers do not particularly care about these limitations

skwiggy

Thanks. I'm pretty bummed but no reason to lose my sense of humor over it. Some time will be taken up with PT, and probably more likely to spend more QT with my little girl and try to hit the gym and do as much stuff that doesn't involve my ankle as possible.

skwiggy

I hear ya...am sure you are also like me then, much more likely to re-injure out of sheer impatience and annoyance...
Yup. And the doctor, whom I had never met before, pegged me right away. Gave me extra caution about reinjuring because of impatience, scaring me with stories of double recovery time. I am really stubborn and have danced and worked out through all sorts of pain. But at the moment this one is different. I can barely stand up, let alone dance at this point. :(

skwiggy

unfortunately toddlers do not particularly care about these limitations
Yep. Although my little one isn't quite a toddler yet, but she still doesn't really care that mommy is limping around. She was just looking at me funny I think confused by why I was carrying her down the stairs so slowly this morning. But yes, all time that I am home with her while she is awake is HER time. :)

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
precisely...I have incompetant cervix which, in my case is bad enough that it can force me to be on bedrest for nearly an entire pregnancy...which is why our kids are five years apart...no way I could have lugged my son (who has always been huge) around during a pregnancy nor have explained to him, as he still thinks he is the center of my universe, that I couldn't do this or that with him...course now that it is college years, the five year gap is a beautiful thing :)...anyhow, take it easy there lady

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Yup. And the doctor, whom I had never met before, pegged me right away. Gave me extra caution about reinjuring because of impatience, scaring me with stories of double recovery time. I am really stubborn and have danced and worked out through all sorts of pain. But at the moment this one is different. I can barely stand up, let alone dance at this point. :(
well then...you're still safe...for now :)

if I had a nickel for every time dh said; "surely you are not going to your lessons this week in that condition" or every time pro said; "stop limping like that, you're worrying me"....:rolleyes:

I just (as in, on Friday), bruised a bone in my big toe. I don't know how exactly I managed that. It sounds like the stupidest injury ever, but is it ever making me aware of how much I use my big toe.

I just (as in, on Friday), bruised a bone in my big toe. I don't know how exactly I managed that. It sounds like the stupidest injury ever, but is it ever making me aware of how much I use my big toe.
ouch! that sounds terrible my mom has broken her big toe twice..& she said it was super painful...i'm sure the pain from bruising is similar.

As for me...my hamstring is finally fully recovered from tearing it back in April....finally.

Never have a knee arthroscopic operation... "oh you'll be 100% back to normal in 6 to 8 weeks" That was February, and still doing physio... Can't really do proper Samba or Lindy with a bum knee, you know??? :( Stupid knee!

skwiggy

Almost 4 weeks since my sprain. Ankle is improving, although still pretty swollen and very tight. Successfully tried some light walking, and squats and lunges with no weight. No worse for the wear. Dreaming of getting back to dancing soon, but a bit hesitant for fear of a set back or re-injury.

skwiggy

I miss dancing very much.

Last night I tried twirling around my living room by myself for 10 minutes in my dance sneakers, and it was relatively successful. I'm going to try again tonight and if all goes well and my recovery isn't set back at all, then I'm hoping to try dancing with my partner for a short practice later this week.

On the advice of my PT I'm going to start with my dance sneakers, even though I hate practicing in them.

Dance Ads