Is there salsa in Jacksonville, FL??

Help, I'm moving to Jacksonville FL the end of this month. Anyone here from Jacksonville FL and if so, is there good salsa clubs there?

:D :D :D
Yes there is salsa in JAX!

Thursday nights at Leopard Lounge.
Friday and Saturday nights at Cuba Libra (about once a month they have a live 10 piece band which is great).
Friday nights at Club Christophers in Orange Park.
Thursday night used to be latin night at Southstreet Grill - I think they stopped the free lessons though.
Saturday night at the Roxy is supposed to be latin night as well.

I really like Cuba Libra - very small, but it is attached to a Cuban restaurant and draws a good crowd.

Good luck with the move to JAX :banana:

Peachexploration wrote "Hi Anita. Smile How did it turn out last time? See Arrow Salsa in Jacksonville"

I went and looked at the old thread. I only went to Club Christopher's once - and the band played 5-6 bacchada's (SP) in a row. On Tuesday nights is rhythm night at Southstreet Grill with lessons from 8-9 pm followed by dancing - rumba, cha, cha, swing, waltz, hustle as well as salsa and merengue. The good thing about Southstreet Grill is there is no smoking there - hate when my hair and clothes stink the next morning :evil: Haven't looked too hard for a place to salsa on monday and sunday.[/quote]

pygmalion

Hmm. I think there was an older thread on this, too. I wonder if their recommendations are the same? ...If I can find that thread :roll: :lol:

dancingdoc said:
Peachexploration wrote "Hi Anita. Smile How did it turn out last time? See Arrow Salsa in Jacksonville"

I went and looked at the old thread. I only went to Club Christopher's once - and the band played 5-6 bacchada's (SP) in a row. On Tuesday nights is rhythm night at Southstreet Grill with lessons from 8-9 pm followed by dancing - rumba, cha, cha, swing, waltz, hustle as well as salsa and merengue. The good thing about Southstreet Grill is there is no smoking there - hate when my hair and clothes stink the next morning :evil: Haven't looked too hard for a place to salsa on monday and sunday.
DancingDoc, any schools in that area that you could place here :arrow: Dance Directory ?

Anita,

How has your salsa life developed in Jacksonville? Is there any Puertorican salsa?

I have been checking the Internet and no information to be found anywhere, not one single salsa sight for Jacksonville, so that does not look very promising. I am asking because we are thinking of moving to Jacksonville or Orlando sometime later this year. And we neeeeed our salsa!!!

Dance Ads