Isn't Tango appropriate for married men or women ?

Being "married" means something else to portenos. A wedding means two are married in the USA; a couple says they're married in Argentina without one.
That is true. When you are in a couple, everyone refers to your partner as "tu marido", "tu mujer", and it is totally useless to clarify you are actually not married to each other. In the eyes of everyone you are married. :)

sixela

I won't get into explaining the culture of the milonga and the milongueros.
I think you may have misunderstood me (since you quoted me to assert things I agree with as if they were in opposition to what I think -- or at least that's the way I perceive it), but you're far too cryptic for me to even try to understand.

Obviously I don't know your secret handshake ;-). Perhaps it's best not to dwell on it.

But hey, we'll see. My partner and her husband are over there for the next three weeks. Besides a deep love and tenderness and laughs and all, they share a passion for this dance.
Some lines from one of her almost daily reports:

My dress (the one with the little flowers) lightened up and drew circles around the dance floor. I think that because of this dress I got noticed by the milongueros sitting at another table. An old man invited me, and as I once decided that sometimes you have to throw a coin into the Trevi fountain, I agreed.

Now if she ever happens to send a report stating that no local dancer invited her, I'll mention it of course.

sixela

I don't know if that advice to wear a flowery dress would be useful for me, though. My wife tells me I'd better not try it.

Last edited:

Dance Ads