It's Friday ... Are You Going Dancing?

macha

We went down to our "town square fest" and saw middle-eastern bellydancers! It was fun, but a short exhibition. After that, we walked up to a live band, and when they saw us, they identified us as "the ballroom couple". They started playing a "dance-able song"... I looked at J, and I know you've seen this before- the off-putting, up-shutting, disappointing affect. I stood there, waited patiently, and then, we called it a night.

I came home and had a hot, steamy interaction with...

Domino's pizza.

:evil:

DancePoet said:
tacad said:
Of course! But not tonight. I'm seeing some friends. I could go do classic rock dancing afterward I suppose. :? You would think someone in this town would be doing salsa tonight. :roll:
Or AT ... or ballroom ... ?

That's ok, as long as you have fun later this weekend that is what will count. ;)
I did find a salsa place but I'm so worn out from dancing this week. I mean all of a sudden I was carrying on the salsa schedule complete with afternoon naps. I've just got to go to bed. Ah well. Manana!

africana said:
tacad said:
africana said:
A big hearty YESSSS
I'm half-afaint after no salsa for a week :cry:
Wasn't this a self proclaimed fast? :wink: To keep it fresh right?
partially, I don't like not being sharp at work when I have tough stuff to do so I held back on week nights.
plus gas prices :x
Yeah, that's becoming a bit of a concern for me as well. In some ways it may be fortunate that I have discovered salsa since there are more local options for that.l

DancePoet

africana said:
tacad said:
africana said:
A big hearty YESSSS
I'm half-afaint after no salsa for a week :cry:
Wasn't this a self proclaimed fast? :wink: To keep it fresh right?
partially, I don't like not being sharp at work when I have tough stuff to do so I held back on week nights.
plus gas prices :x
Gas prices effecting dancing! :shock: Wow! Not good. ;)

luh

i was at home last night. had a friend over here. was fun. we watched movies in ascii. Probably just fun for geeks ;)

today i went to basel, got a sax, (yeah!), and had a nice visit, so there was no time to go dancing. except the few things the friend of mine danced with me. (actually i could leave now, but there is terrible storm coming up, and after all the flooding near here (switzerland, bavaria - don't know if you guys heard of it), i'll be saver staying at home - in addition, there is no way to dance tonight. (except with myself)
luh

DancePoet

Well ... I won't be dancing tonight, at least not the kind of dancing that's done on a dance floor, but ... I'll be dancing tomorrow night instead! :D :D :D

I'm debating this one. I need to stop driving so much since I need to save some money. But that would mean dancing locally. Oy! The options are few
and not attractive at all. :?

luh

hmm friday was yesterday,but still - there was nothing. Just watched again a day at the races. wonderful movie!
luh

pygmalion

Not tonight. I have a headache... and a twelve-hour killer work day behind me. Dinner, glass of red wine, bubble bath and bed on the menu.

Gotta do the USA Dance dance, though. Not sure if there's a Saturday sance this week. But definitely by next Friday. 8)

Aw, all of these people not dancing on a Friday night. It's a travesty, I tell you, a travesty!

Myself, I was in bed by 8PM. I have a rotten cold. It's a shame, because it's Mardi Gras weekend here in Cardiff and that means there's a fantastic free festival in the park. And yes, there will be bands and music and dancing.

macha

This week sucked. No dancing. Nowhere. Monday we start privates and double groups, though, so I better find some ephedra soon.

Dance Ads