Itunes and DRM

opendoor

Just sent you a link to the ultimate solution…
please share!
But I cannot believe that the audio files themselves had been altered or newly tagged. I rather believe (but not know) that iT regards those files as illegal by remembering their ID tag. So I would delete all memories of iT and QT by erazing their pref files. That may be quite difficult because you have at least 4 different libraries iT employs: the system lib, the computer lib, the user's lib, and the shared lib. Some files also apoear to be invisible.

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
I have VLC. The problem is that the computer the files are on is not authorized to open the files.... regardless of program used. It is not the itunes PROGRAM that is failing me. It is the fact that my COMPUTER is not recognized as an owner of the files.

I have VLC. The problem is that the computer the files are on is not authorized to open the files.... regardless of program used. It is not the itunes PROGRAM that is failing me. It is the fact that my COMPUTER is not recognized as an owner of the files.

I spoke to several tech bugs, all had the same reply; "you can't do anything with those files unless your computer is authorized to play them."

opendoor

I spoke to several tech bugs, all had the same reply; "you can't do anything with those files unless your computer is authorized to play them."
That again makes me wonder. Although I manage my audio and video files on my mac, I usually copy every file I bought at the iTunes store to a hugh number of different computers and storage devices for djaying. The drm ripcord never was activated. Finally I thought drm only was a threatening gesture. I wonder whether the the ripcord is tagged right into the audio file or lies separately in those invisible resource forks mac files come with. Do you know something more detailed about this?

Dance Ads