Ladies: skirts or trousers?

Kindra said:
Back to the topic..

I prefer pants when I really want to "shake it like I mean it"...and a skirt when I'm in the mood for a laid back kinda night. I dance differently when I wear different things.

Oh...and I've always used the term "slacks" when referring to dressier work pants (usually with a cuff). Otherwise...they're all just pants. :) But trousers...I don't know anyone who is from the US and under the age of 80 who uses that term. ;)

(Did I do a good job of getting back on topic?)
Great job :D
And ditto about danicng differently in different outfits. And I don't limit myself to skirts and pants
I even were shorts, pants with long slits, capes that twirl :), swim tops, beach wear (those guazy wraps instead of a skirt, with shorts under, or the see thru tops with something under), also love capris and skorts. capris are great for the street street look, and i tend to be more assertive in my dance style when i wear those 8)

also gotta worry about shoes, shoes gotta match

africana said:
well whatever you wear, if you spin a lot, better wear some shorts under the skirts or boys will be spinning you for no good reason, if ya kow what ah mean lol!
You know when I am dancing with a woman I don't see any of that :cry:

I am too close to her - if I am spinning her there is no way for the guy who is doing the spinning to see anything. It's the people on the side lines who get the show.

Same for those sexy styling moves. I am usually too close or my back is turned to her for me to get the full picture.

So wear what you want but it usually the guys who stand on the sidelines who gets the show not the guy you are dancing with.

Canadian Guy said:
So wear what you want but it usually the guys who stand on the sidelines who gets the show not the guy you are dancing with.
this is true and they are usually his friends, telling him to spin you some more :lol:

pygmalion

africana said:
Canadian Guy said:
this is true and they are usually his friends, telling him to spin you some more :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I think a lot of women underestimate the amound of spin a given skirt has. Not just flippy little dance skirts spin. I've seen the entire bottom (fully clad, thank goodness 8) ) of more than one woman who was wearing a floor-length gown.

IMO, if you're wearing a skirt and you'e not absolutely positive you're covered, wear the dance trunks. They're not the most stylish thing in the world, no, but they're a heck of a lot better than exposing your bottom half for the world to see.

And no, I wouldn't rather just wear pants. Too hot, and not my style. All respect to the opinions of the ladies who wear pants, though. More power to you. 8)

Canadian Guy said:
africana said:
well whatever you wear, if you spin a lot, better wear some shorts under the skirts or boys will be spinning you for no good reason, if ya kow what ah mean lol!

I am too close to her - if I am spinning her there is no way for the guy who is doing the spinning to see anything. It's the people on the side lines who get the show.

Same for those sexy styling moves. I am usually too close or my back is turned to her for me to get the full picture.

So it is better to go for a sexy top if you want to make an impression? :D 8)

By the way - last time I used that dress(this time with "normal" underwear :wink: ). Some of my "ordinary leaders" danced different - the spun and spun again and again. Just looking at my skirt like it was petrifying. It felt like we where three dancing together - an unexpected threesome. Anyhow - we enjoyed it very much - all of us :lol:

/luc

Kindra said:
Sabor said:
Kindra said:
Sabor said:
y'all should be ashamed of yourselves! .. :mrgreen:
You love it, admit it. :wink:
make me 8)

Sabor...you're such a flirt! I think most of the ladies on DF can agree to that. :lol:

Back to the topic..

I prefer pants when I really want to "shake it like I mean it"...and a skirt when I'm in the mood for a laid back kinda night. I dance differently when I wear different things.

Oh...and I've always used the term "slacks" when referring to dressier work pants (usually with a cuff). Otherwise...they're all just pants. :) But trousers...I don't know anyone who is from the US and under the age of 80 who uses that term. ;)

(Did I do a good job of getting back on topic?)
You did!

I don't know what happened... I went out this morning and just got back to find my thread had turned into a thongfest! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rosa :)

Canadian Guy said:

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Re: thongs

df123 said:
I havent come across a thong either that is comfortable for more than a few hours. I do find it comfortable to go without anything - if i am wearing pants or knee length or longer skirts. It keeps me from worrying about panty lines and you cannot beat the comfort and the breezy feeling.

Anyone has had that experience ?
Those dresses you are considering are perfect! They look sexy, cool and easy to move in! Personally, for dancing I like to wear pants as I hate to sweat in pantyhose, which I must wear in order to prevent getting blisters on my feet. With pants I can wear those knee-high thingees. Also, I am always towering over the little Japanese(and latino!) guys so nowadays I tend to wear pants and my jazz flats. I just choose a sexy top to go with it and I'm set! 8)

Re: thongs

cocodrilo said:
Personally, for dancing I like to wear pants as I hate to sweat in pantyhose, which I must wear in order to prevent getting blisters on my feet. With pants I can wear those knee-high thingees. Also, I am always towering over the little Japanese(and latino!) guys so nowadays I tend to wear pants and my jazz flats. I just choose a sexy top to go with it and I'm set! 8)
If I dance in pants (see, you've got me on to US terminology now! :wink: ) I always wear low comfortable shoes, usually both black so they go well together. But I often put the shoes on my bare feet. Like you I hate to sweat in pantyhose and I don't really like the knee-high thingees either. Luckily, I'm not prone to blisters.

Even when I'm wearing skirts (which I like to do if I'm going for a night out) I'll wear them with bare legs whenever possible, allowing for the weather and the formality of the occasion. I would wear higher/smarter shoes with a skirt, though.

I would only wear pantyhose if I was at a very smart dance wearing a very posh dress indeed.

When I wear dresses I don't wear pantyhose, only on formal occasions and only in the winter, when my legs are a ghastly white. For dance, bare legs are best, but my feet sweat and I dance hard for up to 5 hours at a time, and that combination usually results in blisters.

diputsnyc said:
I might get shot for asking this question, but I am curious what kind of underwear do you find the sexyist?

In no particular order.

Thongs (T-back, G-string, V-back, Rio)
Bikini (French, brazillian, tanga)
Boy shorts
Briefs
Comando
Lace versions of any of the above.

Anything I forgot?
Dude, i think you're posting in the wrong type of forum :roll:

pygmalion said:
I think a lot of women underestimate the amound of spin a given skirt has. Not just flippy little dance skirts spin. I've seen the entire bottom (fully clad, thank goodness 8) ) of more than one woman who was wearing a floor-length gown.

IMO, if you're wearing a skirt and you'e not absolutely positive you're covered, wear the dance trunks. They're not the most stylish thing in the world, no, but they're a heck of a lot better than exposing your bottom half for the world to see
Yup, I agree. Despite diligently doing the "twirl test" at home when getting dressed, I still managed several times to make it out dancing with a skirt/dress that twirled higher than I anticipated. Learning from this, I now usually wear shorts under a skirt/dress.

As for the original question, I wear pants when I go out on the weeknight (when venues are usually casual) and skirts/dresses when I go out on the weekends (when venues are usually dressier).

Kindra said:
africana said:
string up the butt crack...gee...
It only feels like that for "like" one day. ;) :D :lol:

Seriously though....dont' knock it unless you try it!!
ok then call me open-minded cos I tried it tonight and it did feel like string up my u-know-what :lol:

so I had on these fitting bright colored capris, the kind that draws attention to the..um..treasures, so I decided it might be better if nothing else was er in the way of anyone getting a good view heh. i had on this pair with lace-fringes, thought it would be easy for a first-timer. let's just say, I knew about it the whole night even if no one else could see lines :lol: of course my butt looked cute but tsk tsk comfort isn't quite the word for what I felt tonight :oops: :lol:

so there :p

Find something in a soft cotton or synthetic blend, and make sure it's the right size. I don't care for the thongs that are just the string in back 'cause it really does feel like you are getting flossed, but choose the ones that have just the right amount of fabric where you need it. As do push-up bras, new glasses and new dance shoes, thongs take some getting used to.

blossomingsalsadancer said:
pygmalion said:

IMO, if you're wearing a skirt and you'e not absolutely positive you're covered, wear the dance trunks. They're not the most stylish thing in the world, no, but they're a heck of a lot better than exposing your bottom half for the world to see
Yup, I agree. Despite diligently doing the "twirl test" at home when getting dressed, I still managed several times to make it out dancing with a skirt/dress that twirled higher than I anticipated. Learning from this, I now usually wear shorts under a skirt/dress.
I agree, too. I have a dress I sometimes wear for salsa, it's a summer cotton dress, sleeveless and low-necked but with a flared, circular skirt which is pretty long, somewhere between mid-calf and ankle length. I love it because it's so cool and comfortable, and I've had a lot of compliments on it (all from women, I might add.)

But you should see how how high it flies up during turns and spins! :shock:

So, some kind of proper dance underwear is obviously a good idea...

cocodrilo said:
Find something in a soft cotton or synthetic blend, and make sure it's the right size. I don't care for the thongs that are just the string in back 'cause it really does feel like you are getting flossed, but choose the ones that have just the right amount of fabric where you need it. As do push-up bras, new glasses and new dance shoes, thongs take some getting used to.
yep it was a synthetic blend, size felt right :? getting usedto the discomfort? lol
I've never needed push up bras, dont need glasses, and I'm donating my pair of dance shoes that I never got used to the DF auction :p

Dance Ads