Latin Dance Dress Websites

i'm looking for dance dress websites. i've been looking for DAYS but i cant seem to find GOOD quality. i'm talking about, PROFESSIONAL dresses. do any of you guys have any idea of where i could find that on the net? :? thanks!

pygmalion

Designs by Lyn (Lyn Wallander) is based in southwest Florida. I've actually seen and touched the dresses. They're a little less expensive, but still professional quality. The exhibition/showcase dresses are pretty. Less stoning, not as fancy fabrics, about $800 - $1200, but clearly intended for studios exhibitions, not competition. The competition dresses start at about $3000, and can be custom made to your spec.

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, there are any number of other sources available, such as Designs by Randall who just did the costuming for the remake of Shall We Dance, but given dolceamore's strong emphasis on:
dolceamore said:
GOOD quality [and] PROFESSIONAL dresses
I was trying to name designeres who I know regularly costume world-class competitors.

pygmalion

Yup, I agree SD. I only wish I could afford Dore or Chrisanne. Maybe one day (if I can stop buying so many shoes LOL).

And there are at least half a dozen discount Latin costume web sites I could name, but it looks like dolceamore is holding out for the real thing. 8) Good deal.

pygmalion

I had another thought on this while I should have been sleeping. If you're looking to buy one of these costumes and have the physique for it, many top pros sell their used costumes. I've seen several web sites in my internet travels (of course I can't remember them offhand now. :oops: )

But try googling your favorite Latin couples. There are some beautiful garments out there for sale. And even if you don't buy, those sites are a great place to look for costume ideas of your own.

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
dolceamore said:
do ya'll know the website for the Dore dresses?
Do they even have one? If so, sorry, I don't know it . . . but I can PM you the e-mail address of one of their sales people if you're interested. Let me know.

pygmalion

Don't know why this didn't come up when I googled it, but there is a Dore website

dore-designs.com

Enjoy.

(Thanks for the PM. You know who you are. :D )

You can also try your hand at several of the consigment costume sites for example :arrow: artrhythms.com or Dance Costumes at Mai...which have some wonderful quality costumes (as well as not so good quality).

You can also find brand names on those sites sometimes like Randall, Dore, J'ordy etc...

It's insane to pay full price for a costume unless you've looked other places and haven't found anything else you like.

pygmalion said:
I had another thought on this while I should have been sleeping. If you're looking to buy one of these costumes and have the physique for it, many top pros sell their used costumes. I've seen several web sites in my internet travels (of course I can't remember them offhand now. :oops: )

But try googling your favorite Latin couples. There are some beautiful garments out there for sale. And even if you don't buy, those sites are a great place to look for costume ideas of your own.
:!: Oh, I posted wihtout seeing your message Pygmalion...yes, a few used costume sites are artrhythms.com and Dance Costumes at Mai (I forget their address). Hope that helps!
:D

Dance Ads