Latin shoes too long?

What do you ladies usually do when your Latin shoes are a little long? I have a high arch so when I point my toes there is some extra that catches on the floor. I bought half a size smaller than I usually do so there's less.
How do you work around it or what do you do?

SwingingAlong

Go a size smaller but slightly wider? My toes are level with the edge when my toe isn't pointed, but I know some ladies who prefer their toes slightly over the edge in a relaxed state.

Miss Silly

I go smaller for my latin shoes as well. I found (in Aidas at least) that when you go for a shorter shoe length, the overall shoe ends up smaller (as in, the toe box area). So as mentioned by SwingingAlong, you may need to also go wider if you go smaller.

I did try to cut the toe off of a shoe once, and i think some people do do this and then re-glue the end. I think there is a photo of it here somewhere on the forums LOL. I just took an old retired shoe to experiment on but the inside stuffing was a bright green LMAO. I think if you wore it, you would want to find a way to re-seal the end so they don't just flap apart.

I suppose my suggestion would simply be to find a smaller shoe haha ;-P

I've heard of people taking them to a cobbler to have the extra cut off the front (and then hopefully they would have a good way to re-seal it). Never tried it but I'd be curious to hear the results if anyone has, I have the same issue.

SwingingAlong

might it be interesting to start a photo collection of how we wear our Latin shoes - photo of resting position, and position with toe pointed? Then people buying shoes for the first time would have an idea of the range of shoe lengths. Maybe on the usual shoe thread?

RiseNFall

I've heard of people taking them to a cobbler to have the extra cut off the front (and then hopefully they would have a good way to re-seal it). Never tried it but I'd be curious to hear the results if anyone has, I have the same issue.
I have done that and the result was good--not perfect, but more than fine. I have used two different cobblers and the second one did a better job. I had to talk a fair amount to get him to try it and probably had to promise to not hold him responsible in case of mishap.

SwingingAlong

This option would enable you to have a custom toe shape too.

Dance Ads