Little Known Facts For Leaders

Vince A

MapleLeaf Salsero said:
If you look and drool over her cleavage for more than 2/3 of the song, you may lessen your chances of getting that second dance.

Then again, I may be wrong... :wink:
OK . . . I'll give it a try . . . if I get hit, can I blame it on you?
Anything else, and I'll take the credit :twisted:

MapleLeaf Salsero said:
If you look and drool over her cleavage for more than 2/3 of the song, you may lessen your chances of getting that second dance.
Especially if you drool onto your partner's cleavage rather than onto the floor, as polite leaders know to do.

jon said:
MapleLeaf Salsero said:
Especially if you drool onto your partner's cleavage rather than onto the floor, as polite leaders know to do.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You leads are a very interesting lot, aren't you?! =^_~=

And welcome to the DF, Mr. Cool!

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

Vince A said:
MapleLeaf Salsero said:

Then again, I may be wrong... :wink:
OK . . . I'll give it a try . . . if I get hit, can I blame it on you?
Anything else, and I'll take the credit :twisted:
Yeah sure Vince, just blame it on poor MapleLeaf. :wink: 8)

Sakura said:
jon said:
MapleLeaf Salsero said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You leads are a very interesting lot, aren't you?! =^_~=
Yeah Sakura, we´re such a considerate bunch aren´t we? 8)

twnkltoz

MapleLeaf Salsero said:
If you want to dance with her, then ASK her. :wink:
Here's a funny story. When my husband and I were first becoming friends at the dance studio, he had a little crush on this girl. When the last song came on, we were standing by each other and he asked me if it would be bad etiquette to ask her for the last dance since she was there with someone. I said probably not if her date didnt' seem to mind. As we were talking, she got up and danced with her date, so now-DH asked me to dance. I gave him a heck of a ribbing for being his second choice. :D

twnkltoz said:
MapleLeaf Salsero said:
If you want to dance with her, then ASK her. :wink:
Here's a funny story. When my husband and I were first becoming friends at the dance studio, he had a little crush on this girl. When the last song came on, we were standing by each other and he asked me if it would be bad etiquette to ask her for the last dance since she was there with someone. I said probably not if her date didnt' seem to mind. As we were talking, she got up and danced with her date, so now-DH asked me to dance. I gave him a heck of a ribbing for being his second choice. :D
Oh come on! Hasn´t he told you yet that it was YOU who he was really interested in at the time. :wink:

twnkltoz

LOL nope! Although he did tell me later that he assumed I wouldn't give him the time of day, even though our mutual friend the dj told him that the ambient temperature spiked every time I came over to the dj booth to talk to them. :)

DWise1

twnkltoz said:
LOL nope! Although he did tell me later that he assumed I wouldn't give him the time of day, ...
OTOH, (before we met) my wife would always give the guy the time of day. He'd ask her for her phone number and she'd give the number for time (he'd never recognize it because here only the first three numbers matter and the last four could be anything).

In my case, she drew me a map to her house.

Re: leading

Mr Cool said:
For me leading depends on the feel of the lady. and needs to be adjusted to suit each partner, some ladies need only the lightest lead throughout and tend to be a joy too lead, others need a very firm lead, many require a mixture of the two. I particuarly enjoy giving the lady time to do her thing. The worst are the ones who are almost but never quite on the music one tends to try to lead them into it but this can be very difficult and I confess I sometimes resort to a lot of breakaway steps in flustration, and making a mental note to not ask her to dance again. 8) 8) 8) 8)
oh no! I am worried that people are thinking that about me... I am a new lindy hopper (only been dancing for a couple of months) and at times I cannot tell if I am supposed to be doing the 6 or 8 count steps and also the little syncopated steps can be hard to read if the upper body isn't moving at all in either way... UG!

Sagitta

shopper-lisa said:
DancePoet said:
Woman who back leads should stop.
what is back leading? :?:
Welcome shopper-lisa! Backleading is where a person who is doing the follower footwork leads him/herself through moves. He/she does what she wants/anticipates rather then what is led.

pygmalion

LOL! If you're like most new followers, you may not know what it's called, but already know how to backlead. Backleading has to be unlearned. at least, I had to unlearn it. :oops: :lol:

very true! And I got away with back leading during the lessons when were all doing set patterns of steps. But my first try on the social dance floor was pretty tough! For the first time I am having to learn to really feel the lead. It's so much fun though.

shopper-lisa said:
very true! And I got away with back leading during the lessons when were all doing set patterns of steps.
Backleading during lessons can sometimes be a good thing. If the pattern is long and complicated and the leader is lost, backleading can be helpful but only if the follower knows the pattern and if the leader doesn´t mind...

While social dancing, backleading is problably the worst thing a follower can do. I personally would prefer dancing with someone who has never danced in their lives than dancing with someone who backleads...

Dance Ads