Looking at cleavage

I've deleted the original post. The tone was more strident than it should have been. Sorry about that. So the posts that follow are now out of context. Nevertheless, here is what I said, more or less.

Here is what happened. At a salsa party, my first, a number of women had cleavage. tsb says it wasn't so much but I guess more than I'm used to. And at first I was ignoring it but it was like ignoring an elephant in the room. So I decided to look and look directly. I received a smile for this. So I looked more. I got a bigger smile. This happened with 3 women. I thought others would not be receptive. So there I am looking and there they were smiling. I got repeat dances with these 3 women. 2 of them asked me to dance again. We were even having conversations during the dance. It was a two way street. This surprised me and I wanted to get DF's reaction. I was wondering if there are many salseras in the salsa world that enjoy this. I was wondering if this was way out of line under any circumstances.

I dance social ballroom. I discovered early that some women enjoy dancing with body contact. Certainly grinding does this. It's mutual. No one being taken advantage of. I wondered if this was true of looking at cleavage in the salsa world. To be clear, I was looking directly, not glancing and then looking away. I was also invloved in conversation with the ladies,looking them in the eye then back at their cleavage, and then looking them in the eye again. Another was looking directly at me smiling broadly as I was looking at her cleavage. This is still surprising to me.

Is this usual? Happens occasionally?

This is the only time I've done it like this.

Vin

Whats with today and posts about boobs?

boobs hanging out are like the sun, unless it's someone who wants you to look, glance and look away, glance and look away.

I don't mid if guys admire my boobs(small as they may be!) but to just stare and drool at them is just sick! When I am having a conversation with a person, I like them to be looking me in the eyes, likewise when dancing.

Vin

tacad said:
These reactions are what I expected from my dance partners. :lol:

But I received smiles.
Maybe they were smiling because of what a pervert they thought you were.

Any numbers?

Women do like to get attention for there bodies but too much shows a lack of control that they don't appreciate.

Well considering how much time and efforts women put into clothing, it’s a pretty safe bet they didn’t show up to the party exposed by accident. I’m afraid they find your looking amusing the same way they find waving a bone at a puppy amusing :lol:

twnkltoz

Uh...why would you hang them out there if you didn't want them stared at?? If you think it's disrespectful to have your dance partner staring at your hoo-has, don't jiggle them half-naked in front of his face. Sheesh.

pygmalion

To be honest, I was hoping that, if I ignored it, this thread would just disappear.

But, since you ask, Vin, I find the idea of going to a party and staring at the breasts of women one doesn't know to be ... a bit disturbing. I wonder how much smiling really happened. Maybe some, but I find it hard to believe that such "gazing" was universally well-received. But then, who knows. *shrug*

Either way, I'm going back to my decision to ignore this whole unfortunate conversation. Maybe it'll disappear after all.

tsb

alas, i couldn't be staring like tacad since leigh (aka 'the babe' per dancepoet) was there & she would not hesitate to use the heat ray in her eyes to burn me to a crisp if she caught my gaze heading southward... :D

still, i am curious as to which three women they were; i have email addresses from everyone as they had to RSVP to get my address so i can make sure they're invited next month.

i took a few pix but this is the best of the lot. these three also danced a pretty good WCS. (alas, the armenian trio left before i got my camera out).

I think they may have been smiling to cover up their thoughts that you were a complete pervert.

Did you get repeat dances with these women or did they stay away from you for the rest of the night?

I think every girl wants her "assets" to be noticed, but noticing and staring / gazing are two different things.

Please don't do it again.

tsb

cierre boca y baile said:
tacad said:

But I received smiles.
You must of went to the salsa/swinger party :twisted:
did they ask you to throw you keys in a bowl too?
i don't throw parties like that!

tsb

Vin said:
tacad said:

But I received smiles.
Maybe they were smiling because of what a pervert they thought you were.

Any numbers?
i have email addresses for eveyone (they had to RSVP to get directions).

DWise1

But seriously (and this is from a guy), I consider it impolite to stare or even to be noticed looking, so I focus my attention on her face -- one girl on our local forum calls herself something like "my eyes are up here". Of course, what we do with our peripheral vision is another matter.

And this is despite what appears to be official recognition in West Coast Swing of looking. One night in class our teacher (female) even gave us the count in a new move for the guy to perform "the cleavage check." That's gotta make it official, right?

tsb

DWise1 said:
alemana said:
*snort*

well, i often grin at someone before i grab their balls and twist, so keep that in mind.
I think I'll stick with LA-style. New York-style salsa sounds a bit too rough.
:D but i started wearing a cup doing the closed position in international style ballroom. much more disconcerting to have them pressed against you.

it depends on the venue, but a lot of salseras here in LA really do dress pretty provocatively & show a LOT of skin. i didn't think anybody at my party was dressed all THAT provocatively but there were some very young & attractive women there especially for the lesson.

Funny, but I didn't see any "elephants" on those pics that tsb posted. Looked like a very decent party to me!
Who was it that posted about women with boobs well-exposed EXPECTING to be looked at- that's pretty true. All I can offer is a modest cleave, but if a guy notices it(not as in looks at it, but as in realizing that it's THERE!), I certainly don't mind! Shy, self-conscious or modest women, at least the ones I know, don't wear boob-baring blouses...

Dance Ads