Manhattan Dancesport Championship 2010

chrisjohnston

Sorry about using that particular phrase. Just look and enjoy both couples. We have footage of the full comp which will be posted when the new video site is fully functional

cheers chris

sambanada

Thanks for posting. Will the pro standard event have videos as well? I still can't stop talking about it. What great dancing! I am now bugging my husband to go see more competitions.

chrisjohnston

We actually have about 1300 clips of all of the events at Manhattan . Hopefully we will have all of our server issues resolved very soon and will be able to post them.

Cheers chris

Daniella was amazing, and her dancing style resembles Yulia Z's. I wonder her coach is Yulia Z. Does anyone know?
Well, she was trained since she was 10 by Viktoriya Drubetskaya, same teacher that taught Elijah Piker actually. Now she is working with Taliat and Marina Tarsinov as main coaches. So, no, Yulia is not her coach. Daniella is most likely working on developing style all her own as was and is always incouraged by Tarsinovs and by Viktoriya.

. Even though they are doing different dances I think the difference in dance styles is very obvious.
It was very nice to meet you, tiny dancer . We will have more videos of you when we get our new web site fully functioning
It is sad if 2nd place couple could not let his feelings for not winning 1st get in the way... hopefully he'll learn not to take his frustration against competitors and accept things more professionally.

but that doesnt take away that his dancing is Amazing... I really enjoy that clip, thank Chris!! He's very musical and super talented..

sambanada

Well, she was trained since she was 10 by Viktoriya Drubetskaya, same teacher that taught Elijah Piker actually. Now she is working with Taliat and Marina Tarsinov as main coaches. So, no, Yulia is not her coach. Daniella is most likely working on developing style all her own as was and is always incouraged by Tarsinovs and by Viktoriya.

Who is Elijah Piker? Is she amateur or professional? I am sorry, but I do not recognize this name. I am surprised that she doe not have lessons from Yuliya because her style reminds me of her.

Chris, thank you again. I can't wait to see all the pro videos. I have been telling everyone about the standard, and would love for them to have a glimpse. It is now wednesday, and I am still walking around with a smile from the competition. It made me miss dancing so much.

Ithink

Elijah is/was an amateur youth dancer. She is awesome and yes, Daniella sort of dances similarly. Very elegant, womanly style... I haven't seen her in forever and it's a shame. I feel like at the time I heard something about her quitting dancing which I thought was a real shame. I always thought *she* could one day be one of the best in the world... I never thought that any of her many short-term partners were good enough for her.

Dance Ads