Maybe silly question but would appreciate an answer!!

Do you mind if the woman does not wear a bra while dancing close embrace?

• Not at all

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I can stand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on the size

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • it is actually better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I would feel uncomfortabe

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Haven't thought about it/don't care

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Hello there, I just want to ask the male dancers if they have any problem if the woman doesn't wear a bra. I mean is it uncomfortable for you? Do you feel weird? Do you prefer her to wear her bra? I know there are a lot of tango dresses that you can't really wear a bra with.
Maybe you think it is silly but, bras are very uncomftable to me for a variety of reasons and only wear them when the clothing demands them or else would show off everything :p So I was thinking that maybe conservative people would be offended, distracted or anything I do not know. I generally try to be discreet and considerate about how others feel, so much more about my tango partners. But it's hard to go asking that kind of questions around face to face :p So, any insight? Am I just too thoughtful? I have asked two male dancers who told me that they do not have a problem, but I want to hear opinions.

Last edited:

Steve Pastor

Staff member
Initially, for a lot of us, standing chest to chest with a woman feels "weird."
Most of us get over it.
No bra? Really? Didn't notice.

And while we're on the topic... Do women still talk about the pencil test?

what is the pencil test? I will answer you if you could explain, english is not my mother language and I am not very familiar with slang..

Mladenac

some put so much pressure in embrace that it's impossible to feel the bra if it is there
more annoying is silicon implants especially if they are too big.

more deconcentrating is when ladies put pressure with hand on lower lumbar nerves.
it might be enjoyable but not if you know that her SO is around

so having no bra is not so problematic as you think.

It's a double n/a as, first, I dance in V embrace and second, all my followers have always been clothed. (clothed embrace. Haha).
So you would feel that something was missing, that is what you say? Even in V embrace there is contact in this region :p

some put so much pressure in embrace that it's impossible to feel the bra if it is there
more annoying is silicon implants especially if they are too big.

more deconcentrating is when ladies put pressure with hand on lower lumbar nerves.
it might be enjoyable but not if you know that her SO is around

so having no bra is not so problematic as you think.
thank you for your input! It seems like this, I am overanalysing and it is not so important. I never thought about the effect that can have some pressure on your back! wow

I do not forego the bra deliberately, but it has happened to me, a few times when I was dressing in a hurry and forgot to put on the above mentioned detail of the outfit or had a wardrobe malfunction and had to remove it in the course of a milonga. On those (rare) occasions, as far as I can tell, no one (including myself) has noticed anything or felt any difference.

Last edited:
In general, there is no reason for a woman to wear a bra except to sports.
We wear a bra mostly because:
- it hurts/feels uncomfortable if we don't;
-clothes fit better, and our body looks better if we do;
-there is also a modesty or dress code concern.
If those things do not concern you, don't wear it. Who cares.

tangobro

my default embrace is "close embrace". I don't notice & don't care about under clothes. What sometimes bothers me may be her regular clothes. Fabric which is uncomfortable to the touch, for example lentuelas (forgot the word in English), or loopy things that get caught in my buttons, or sweaters that make her feel so warm that it makes me feel uncomfortably warm.

Dance Ads