Member Introductions -- Index

kckc

well I guess I'm a newbie so I should introduce myself. I've been dancing for approx. 6 years. I started in group lessons doing everything, 3-4x per week and quickly found that I was progressing faster than most, so I started taking private lessons. I now dance Rhythm only, but can only afford to compete 1-2 times/year, as I am a overworked and underpaid healthcare provider :) (actually, a clinical laboratory scientist. I'm the one analyzing your blood/other icky samples). I also dance socially a few times per week. I have found that dancing has really brought me out of my shell and given me confidence (most people assume I already had that, but it is a chicken/egg thing I think). Anyway, I find this message board most helpful and very civil, compared to, well, most every other message board out there.

well I guess I'm a newbie so I should introduce myself. I've been dancing for approx. 6 years. I started in group lessons doing everything, 3-4x per week and quickly found that I was progressing faster than most, so I started taking private lessons. I now dance Rhythm only, but can only afford to compete 1-2 times/year, as I am a overworked and underpaid healthcare provider :) (actually, a clinical laboratory scientist. I'm the one analyzing your blood/other icky samples). I also dance socially a few times per week. I have found that dancing has really brought me out of my shell and given me confidence (most people assume I already had that, but it is a chicken/egg thing I think). Anyway, I find this message board most helpful and very civil, compared to, well, most every other message board out there.
kckc welcome to DF! I'm still new here too! It's great fun! :)

pygmalion

Hi kckc! Welcome! :-D

Just thought that I introduce myself and say hello to the community. I started dancing ballroom (international style standard & latin) in an university club which was about 8 years ago and I have been loving it ever since. I'm on the west coast of Canada and I stumbled across this forum while doing an online search for a tail suit. Lots of interesting and helpful information here. :)

I thought I'd pop in and introduce myself as I'm new to the forums. Any Canadians here?? I've been taking group classes (90 minutes/week) from an independent instructor (female) for about a year now.

I'm not too pleased with my progress, but that's my fault as I don't practice much other than at group classes. And as there are hardly any men in my group, I usually have to practice by myself. I'm not sure how useful solo practices are; my instructor says they are very useful, but still, it would be nice to try it with someone else. Preferably a man :)

I thought I'd pop in and introduce myself as I'm new to the forums. Any Canadians here?? I've been taking group classes (90 minutes/week) from an independent instructor (female) for about a year now.

I'm not too pleased with my progress, but that's my fault as I don't practice much other than at group classes. And as there are hardly any men in my group, I usually have to practice by myself. I'm not sure how useful solo practices are; my instructor says they are very useful, but still, it would be nice to try it with someone else. Preferably a man :)
Welcome to forums. I am not Canadian but I have friends there. I agree with your instructor, solo practice is good especially if you apply yourself to all she gives you about "how to move" instead of just stepping through the patterns. It's great for building speed in your fast dances. Talk to her about how to get the most benefit out of your practice time. Dancers are more likely to see you as a potential partner when they see you getting serious and see the growth in your dancing. At that point they know you have a common love in your dancing. I hope you find all you are looking for as your dancing grows.

Privet! I find website last night. I like what see so I sign up.

I love all dance. Ballet favorite though. I take many years in Russia and some here in America. Now I taking ballet and belly dancing. Never take belly dancing before but always want to. So far I like lots. I pregnant so will have to stop eventually. After have baby me and hubby will take ballroom dancing. I excited.

You all seem nice and cant wait get know you all.

Poka!

Dance Ads