Member Introductions -- Index

Privet! I find website last night. I like what see so I sign up.

I love all dance. Ballet favorite though. I take many years in Russia and some here in America. Now I taking ballet and belly dancing. Never take belly dancing before but always want to. So far I like lots. I pregnant so will have to stop eventually. After have baby me and hubby will take ballroom dancing. I excited.

You all seem nice and cant wait get know you all.

Poka!
Privet, ah I love the Russian language. :D

Chmock!

mindputtee

Hello! I'm pretty new here so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 19 and I compete standard but I dance Latin and West Coast Swing socially as well. I've been dancing for two years now with the University of Maryland.

ajiboyet

Wow. I've been here for almost a year and I didn't even know this thread existed until now. But since it's Member Introductions and not New Member Introductions, here goes:

My name is Tayo, I'm 18 and I'm from Nigeria. I started dancing in '08 with salsa, but then Take the Lead made me want to see what real advanced foxtrot looked like (which led me to the Baricchis) and what real advanced cha cha cha looked like (which led me to the team of Mario and Karina Smirnoff on DWTS, which in turn led me to Slavik) and thus I was introduced to DanceSport.

I think the thing I love the most about ballroom (standard especially) is the discipline. Though with little-to-no coaching it's been easier learning Latin.

I love DanceForums.

chomsky

Hi, new to dance forums too. I am 38 and I started dancing less than a year ago. I've been learning latin as well as tango and waltz.
I am into classical music and used to study singing some ages ago. Music has always inspired me. Its combination with dance is just sheer magic, I tell you!
Nice to be with you,
Maria

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Wow. I've been here for almost a year and I didn't even know this thread existed until now. But since it's Member Introductions and not New Member Introductions, here goes:

My name is Tayo, I'm 18 and I'm from Nigeria. I started dancing in '08 with salsa, but then Take the Lead made me want to see what real advanced foxtrot looked like (which led me to the Baricchis) and what real advanced cha cha cha looked like (which led me to the team of Mario and Karina Smirnoff on DWTS, which in turn led me to Slavik) and thus I was introduced to DanceSport.

I think the thing I love the most about ballroom (standard especially) is the discipline. Though with little-to-no coaching it's been easier learning Latin.

I love DanceForums.
doesn't time fly? glad you're here

Hi everyone! My name is Mariah and I've been doing ballroom for a few months. I joined the Ballroom Dance Society at my university, because I wanted to do something with my time. I'm so glad I decided on ballroom, because I fell in love with it. In the upcoming semester, I'm going to be going to my first competition. I can't wait!

I also can't wait to get to know many of you and learn so many new things here.

My favorite dances: Tango, Viennese Waltz, and Cha Cha

Totally missed this thread!

I'm Silmarwen, age 21. I'm a classically trained ballet dancer who danced with a regional company until I went to college where I was bitten by the ballroom bug! I compete in silver/gold smooth/standard/latin/rhythm. I'm my collegiate teams captain and (like my teammates) have developed a habit of referring to anything that has to do with our team in the possessive. (my dancers) :) We're a very young team who is just starting to develop competitive dancers.

I've been posting for a bit and reading for a lot longer and am already so grateful to the DF community for all the helpful info and tips!

Noob incoming

Hello everyone. :) I'm a beginner from the UK and this seems like a friendly place.

Earlier this year I took part in a Strictly-Come-Dancing-style competition in aid of a charity, never having done so much as a chassé before, and was bitten by the bug in a big way. When the competition finished I realised I didn't want to live without dancing, so I've started having lessons in ballroom and latin. I'm very, very much a beginner but I'm having a whale of a time.

Pleased to meetcha. :grin:

Hey guys! I'm not sure how many of oh will remember me. It's been a few years since I last posted- I'm pretty sure I was no older than 15. Unfortunately my dancing was brought to an abrupt halt when I had an incident with my much older (and sleazier) teacher. Let's leave it at that.
Well I'm 18 now, at a different studio now and I have FINALLY found a comp partner! We've been dancing together a couple of months and I just couldn't fight the urge to get back on the dance forum horse.
So anyway, this is my little returning announcement. I'm glad to be back but I dare say I will raise many more questions than answers for all of you. Lol.
Ciao for now.

chomsky

Hello everyone. :) I'm a beginner from the UK and this seems like a friendly place.

Earlier this year I took part in a Strictly-Come-Dancing-style competition in aid of a charity, never having done so much as a chassé before, and was bitten by the bug in a big way. When the competition finished I realised I didn't want to live without dancing, so I've started having lessons in ballroom and latin. I'm very, very much a beginner but I'm having a whale of a time.

Pleased to meetcha. :grin:
fresh blood!!!can't wait!!! welcome to the forum and to the world of dance...it's a magical world...

chomsky

Hey guys! I'm not sure how many of oh will remember me. It's been a few years since I last posted- I'm pretty sure I was no older than 15. Unfortunately my dancing was brought to an abrupt halt when I had an incident with my much older (and sleazier) teacher. Let's leave it at that.
Well I'm 18 now, at a different studio now and I have FINALLY found a comp partner! We've been dancing together a couple of months and I just couldn't fight the urge to get back on the dance forum horse.
So anyway, this is my little returning announcement. I'm glad to be back but I dare say I will raise many more questions than answers for all of you. Lol.
Ciao for now.
returning announcement!!!welcome back!

Hi everyone!
I'm 19 and have been training in classical ballet since I was 7. I started ballroom dancing a little over a year ago at Bates and am competing at a silver level. I kinda got hooked and am the current president of our ballroom team. I particularly enjoy VW, quickstep, jive, and cha cha.
Nice to meet everyone!

Dance Ads