Men “don’t feel as awkward” dancing thanks to Emmitt Smith

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
:nope: Nope, V-Day is coming and we'd prefer to give things like flowers, chocolate, lingerie, fine wine, a dinner for two either homecooked or out, maybe even a night of dancing! :raisebro:
skip the chocolate and you're on...(lol, that is in no way disparaging chocolate lovers as silly)

ah yes, BUT...where else can you get such excellent cranberry wine and salami cheddar cheese...swoon

I've never even tried finding these elsewhere. Can you find, say, smoked cranberry cheddar or some of those other fanciful combinations outside WI? Maybe California, what with their happy cows and all.

I want my DH to read that article. Five years together and he steadfastly refuses to even take a few lessons. I've tried bribery and all sorts of trickery but nothing works. Of course, I would rather NOT drag a man kicking and screaming onto a dance floor.

Thanks for sharing, Beto.
That's why you need to drug him before dragging him onto the dance floor. Sure, he'll be kicking and screaming on the dance floor when he wakes up. But if you're lucky, he'll wake up when a Swing is playing. ;)

or try my signature line...and buy him a tailsuit;)
Actually, my DH is more the Latin type...I could definitely see him in sexy tight black pants and Latin shoes...and every time I tell him that I can picture him in such attire (it's kind of a standing joke), he laughs his a** off...

The article should really strike a chord with DH, though, because it was written about guys like him, old school macho types who secretly, or not so secretly, believe that there has to be something wrong with a guy who really wants to dance. My husband watched Dancing with the Stars and we rooted for Emmit together, but it still wasn't enough to convince him to give it a try.

I think there are all kinds of reasons why some guys just don't wanna dance. Most men fear looking ridiculous above all else, and my husband definitely fits into this category. He would have a very hard time going through the inevitable awkward phase everyone has to go through to become a dancer.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
IMO...this is why the tailsuit covers it...it is hard for a man to look like a fool in a tailsuit...not impossible, but very hard...funny my dh is such the lawyer an nerd , he's not be caught dead in latin clothes...actually dancing latin WOULD probably kill him

IMO...this is why the tailsuit covers it...it is hard for a man to look like a fool in a tailsuit...not impossible, but very hard...funny my dh is such the lawyer an nerd , he's not be caught dead in latin clothes...actually dancing latin WOULD probably kill him
So maybe he should dance Latin in a tailsuit. That way after Latin killed him, he would be caught dead in a tailsuit. :D

Dance Ads