Men “don’t feel as awkward” dancing thanks to Emmitt Smith

DancePoet

IMO...this is why the tailsuit covers it...it is hard for a man to look like a fool in a tailsuit...not impossible, but very hard...funny my dh is such the lawyer an nerd , he's not be caught dead in latin clothes...actually dancing latin WOULD probably kill him
Giving basic rumba a try might be ok.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
well.yes...we have a casual rumba all the time...I am talking hardcore latin...which he would readily admit involves a motion in his hips and ribcage that just WILL NOT happen...he has other endearing qualities...which I intend to take advantage of

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
So maybe he should dance Latin in a tailsuit. That way after Latin killed him, he would be caught dead in a tailsuit. :D
well, he did in fact just buy a tux..not tails but...well, I'm not picky:cool: ...but that goes back to not being able to enjoy the assets...unlss of course we could get the bolero cut on the jacket

"The midwest farmers' daughters really make you feel all right." ;)
According to Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Girls

The music for the song came from Brian Wilson's first LSD experience. According to Brian Wilson himself, shortly after taking LSD, he ran up to a bedroom and hid under a pillow, shouting "I'm afraid of my mom, I'm afraid of my dad." Randomly, he got up, said "That's enough of that" and went to a piano. He started playing in the bass the B-F#-G# pattern over and over, and then added in the right hand after a few minutes a B chord, moving to an A chord. Within a half hour, he had come up with the "well east-coast girls are hip, I really dig the styles they wear" part of the song.

If LSD can produce that sort of musical effect, imagine the possibilities of controlled administration in getting guys onto the dance floor. ;)

DancePoet

How about when you first started?
I tend to be a relatively confident person. Awkwardness could stem from fear. Fear can be avoided through education, and then awkwardness can be avoided. Even if there was a feeling of awkwardness, it doesn't stop me from getting on a dance floor.

Dance Ads